Information about Timolol
Timolol is used in the treatment of glaucoma.
How timolol works
Timolol works by lowering the pressure in the eye(s), thereby preventing gradual loss of vision.
Common side effects of timolol
Stinging in the eyes, Blurred vision, Burning eyes
Available Medicine for Timolol
- ₹53Centaur Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹83Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹51 to ₹63Indoco Remedies Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹60Klar Sehen Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹59Syntho Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹52Phoenix Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹90Indiana Opthalmics1 variant(s)
- ₹57Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹90Raymed Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹50Calix Health Care1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Timolol
- It should not be taken by patients who are allergic to timolol or other beta-blockers or any of the other ingredients of the tablet.
- Do not start or continue timolol, if you are taking any other medication for high blood pressure or heart condition or other beta blockers.
- Avoid taking timolol, if you have asthma or other respiratory disease that causes breathing problems (eg. chronic bronchitis, emphysema, etc.).
- Do not start or continue timolol, if your have diabetes, thyroid disorder, liver or kidney dysfunction or ulcers, pheochromocytoma (tumor of the adrenal glands that leads to persistent or episodic high blood pressure).
- Avoid taking timolol, if you are breastfeeding or pregnant.
- Do not drive or operate machines, as timolol may cause dizziness or tiredness.
Frequently asked questions for Timolol
Q. Is Timolol a beta blocker/selective beta blocker/steroid/generic/antibiotic?
Timolol is a beta blocker. It is not a selective beta blocker/steroid/generic/antibiotic
Q. Is Timolol preservative free?
The Timolol eye drop is preservative fre
Q. Is Timolol the same as timoptic or cosopt?
Timoptic and copsopt are brand names of the eye drops containing Timolol
Q. Does it need to be refrigerated?
The timolol containing eye drops should not be refrigerated
Q. Does Timolol lower blood pressure?
Timolol is used to lower blood pressure
Q. Does it stop growth of hemangiomas?
It may be used to stop growth of hemangiomas (only after prescription from the doctor)
Q. Does Timolol cause weight gain/hair loss/ miosis/make eyelashes grow/ cause dry eyes/slow heart rate?
Timolol does not make eyelashes grow. It is a blood pressure lowering medication. It is not known to cause weight gain/hair loss/miosis. It may cause dry eyes/slow heart rate as a side effect. If any side effects of the drug are observed then one should inform the doctor immediately.