Information about Timolol
Timolol is used in the treatment of ocular hypertension and glaucoma.
How timolol works
Timolol is a beta blocker. It works by decreasing the production of aqueous humour (fluid in the eye), thereby lowering the increased eye pressure.
Common side effects of timolol
Stinging in the eyes, Blurred vision, Burning eyes
Available Medicine for Timolol
- ₹55FDC Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹60Allergan India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹36 to ₹93Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹59Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹55Centaur Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹47Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹57Entod Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹68Alcon Laboratories1 variant(s)
- ₹83Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹51 to ₹61Indoco Remedies Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Timolol
- Timolol helps lower high pressure in the eye and reduces the risk of vision loss.
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute, immediately after instilling the drop.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
- Notify your doctor if you have lung or heart diseases as Timolol may worsen these conditions.
- Stinging sensation may occur for 1-2 mins. Notify your doctor if it persists for longer.
- Make sure to use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.
Frequently asked questions for Timolol
Q. Is Timolol a beta blocker/selective beta blocker/steroid/generic/antibiotic?
Timolol is a beta blocker. It is not a selective beta blocker/steroid/generic/antibiotic
Q. Is Timolol preservative free?
The Timolol eye drop is preservative fre
Q. Is Timolol the same as timoptic or cosopt?
Timoptic and copsopt are brand names of the eye drops containing Timolol
Q. Does it need to be refrigerated?
The timolol containing eye drops should not be refrigerated
Q. Does Timolol lower blood pressure?
Timolol is used to lower blood pressure
Q. Does it stop growth of hemangiomas?
It may be used to stop growth of hemangiomas (only after prescription from the doctor)
Q. Does Timolol cause weight gain/hair loss/ miosis/make eyelashes grow/ cause dry eyes/slow heart rate?
Timolol does not make eyelashes grow. It is a blood pressure lowering medication. It is not known to cause weight gain/hair loss/miosis. It may cause dry eyes/slow heart rate as a side effect. If any side effects of the drug are observed then one should inform the doctor immediately.