Information about Timolol
Timolol is used in the treatment of ocular hypertension and glaucoma.
How Timolol works
Timolol is a beta blocker. It works by decreasing the production of aqueous humour (fluid in the eye), thereby lowering the increased eye pressure.
Common side effects of Timolol
Burning eyes, Stinging in the eyes
Available Medicine for Timolol
GlucomolAllergan India Pvt Ltd
₹17 to ₹742 variant(s)
TimoletSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹44 to ₹742 variant(s)
LopresMicro Labs Ltd
₹15 to ₹742 variant(s)
Glucotim LACentaur Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Timol PEntod Pharmaceuticals Ltd
GlutimOptho Pharma Pvt Ltd
TimolongIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Expert advice for Timolol
- Timolol helps lower high pressure in the eye and reduces the risk of vision loss.
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute, immediately after instilling the drop.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
- Notify your doctor if you have lung or heart diseases as Timolol may worsen these conditions.
- Stinging sensation may occur for 1-2 mins. Notify your doctor if it persists for longer.
- Make sure to use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.