Information about Timolol
Timolol is used in the treatment of ocular hypertension and glaucoma.
How timolol works
Timolol is a beta blocker. It works by decreasing the production of aqueous humour (fluid in the eye), thereby lowering the increased eye pressure.
Common side effects of timolol
Burning eyes, Stinging in the eyes
Available Medicine for Timolol
- ₹59FDC Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹65Allergan India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹39 to ₹93Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹65Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹60Centaur Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹62Entod Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹68Alcon Laboratories1 variant(s)
- ₹56Optho Remedies Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹83Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹47Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Timolol
- Timolol helps lower high pressure in the eye and reduces the risk of vision loss.
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute, immediately after instilling the drop.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
- Notify your doctor if you have lung or heart diseases as Timolol may worsen these conditions.
- Stinging sensation may occur for 1-2 mins. Notify your doctor if it persists for longer.
- Make sure to use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.