Information about Pindolol
Pindolol is used in the treatment of chest pain (angina), arrhythmias, heart attack and hypertension.
How pindolol works
Pindolol blocks the action of certain chemical messengers on the heart and blood vessels. This effect reduces heartbeat, blood pressure, and strain on the heart following a heart attack.
Common side effects of pindolol
Nausea, Headache, Fatigue, Dizziness, Palpitations, Abdominal pain, Diarrhoea, Constipation, Slow heart rate, Breathlessness
Available Medicine for Pindolol
- ₹17Novartis India Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Pindolol
- Pindolol may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- The Pindolol may affect your blood sugar and cover up the symptoms of low blood sugar if you have diabetes.
- Pindolol may reduce blood flow to your hands and feet, causing them to feel cold. Smoking may worsen this effect. Dress warmly and avoid the use of tobacco.
- Consult your doctor whether to continue Pindolol before any scheduled surgery.
- It is not the first-choice treatment for high blood pressure according to the latest guidelines, except if you have a heart failure or heart disease.
- Adults over the age of 65 may be at greater risk for the side-effects.
Frequently asked questions for Pindolol
Q. Does pindolol cause weight gain/depression/ increase heart rate?
Pindolol may cause weight gain; however it is not known to cause depression or increase heart rate. Please consult your doctor if you experience such side effects
Q. How does pindolol improve antidepressant action?
Pindolol improves antidepressant action by accelerating or enhancing the effects of antidepressant drugs.