Information about Sotalol
Sotalol is used in the treatment of arrhythmias.
How sotalol works
Sotalol is an anti-arrhythmic medication. It works by blocking abnormal electrical signals in the heart to correct irregular heartbeat to a normal rhythm.
Common side effects of sotalol
Fatigue, Slow heart rate
Available Medicine for Sotalol
- ₹83Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹99Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹11Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Sotalol
- You have been prescribed Sotalol to treat irregular heart rhythm.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Notify your doctor if you have any heart or kidney problem.
- Please remind your doctor you are taking this medicine every time you visit him and ask him if the medicine can be stopped.
Frequently asked questions for Sotalol
Q. Is sotalol a blood thinner/ cardioselective/ beta blocker/ generic/ statin/ calcium channel blocker/ nitrate?
Sotalol is a non-selective competitive beta-blocker
Q. Does Sotalol cause weight gain/ hair loss/ low heart rate/ raise blood pressure/ diarrhea/ shortness of breath?
Sotalol is known to cause weight gain/ hair loss/ low heart rate/ raise blood pressure/ diarrhea/ shortness of breath. Consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.