How it works
Common side effects
- Sotalol may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- The Sotalol may affect your blood sugar and cover up the symptoms of low blood sugar if you have diabetes.
- Sotalol may reduce blood flow to your hands and feet, causing them to feel cold. Smoking may worsen this effect. Dress warmly and avoid the use of tobacco.
- Consult your doctor whether to continue Sotalol before any scheduled surgery.
- It is not the first-choice treatment for high blood pressure according to the latest guidelines, except if you have a heart failure or heart disease.
- Adults over the age of 65 may be at greater risk for the side-effects.
Frequently asked questions
Q.Is sotalol a blood thinner/ cardioselective/ beta blocker/ generic/ statin/ calcium channel blocker/ nitrate?
Sotalol is a non-selective competitive beta-blocker
Q.Does sotalol cause weight gain/ hair loss/ low heart rate/ raise blood pressure/ diarrhea/ shortness of breath?
Sotalol is known to cause weight gain/ hair loss/ low heart rate/ raise blood pressure/ diarrhea/ shortness of breath. Consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.