food interaction for ANGIZAAR
alcohol interaction for ANGIZAAR
pregnancy interaction for ANGIZAAR
lactation interaction for ANGIZAAR
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ANGIZAAR
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for ANGIZAAR 50 MG TABLET
Patients taking ANGIZAAR 50 MG TABLET
- 100%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for ANGIZAAR
- LOSAR 50 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 4.84/tabletRs. 72.63save 8% more per tablet
- REPACE 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 4.98/tabletRs. 49.81save 6% more per tablet
- LOSACAR 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 5.47/tabletRs. 54.70pay 4% more per tablet
- COVANCE 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 5.44/tabletRs. 54.40pay 3% more per tablet
- LOSAKIND 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 2.93/tabletRs. 29.29save 45% more per tablet
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
Expert advice for ANGIZAAR
- Losartan may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, take the Losartan at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving, if you feel dizzy after consuming Losartan.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Losartan should be discontinued a day prior to the scheduled surgery.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include:
- Maintain a normal body weight (body mass index, 18.5-24.9 kg/m2).
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
- Limit alcohol consumption to less than or equal to 2 drinks per day (1oz or 30ml ethanol eg 24oz beer, 10 oz wine, or 3 oz 80-proof whiskey).
Frequently asked questions for ANGIZAAR
Q.Is losartan a blood thinner?
No, losartan is from a class of medications called angiotensin II receptor antagonists. It works by blocking the action of certain natural substances that tighten the blood vessels, allowing the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently
Q.Is losartan safe?
Losartan is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is losartan the same as losartan potassium?
Yes. Losartan is available in the market as losartan potassium. So, the salt form of losartan contains potassium, however, check the bottle before use
Q.Is losartan generic?
Yes, it is the generic drug
Q.Is losartan a water pill?
No, it belongs to a class of medications called angiotensin II receptor antagonists
Q.Is losartan gluten free?
Yes. losartan is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q.Does losartan contain potassium?
Losartan is available in the market as losartan potassium. So, the salt form of losartan contains potassium, however, check the bottle before use
Q.Can I take losartan with Benadryl/atenolol/Xanax/Viagra/Nyquil/metoprolol?
Atenolol, metoprolol and Xanax may lower blood pressure when taken along with losartan. No clinically observed drug interaction is observed with Viagra, Nyquil, and alcohol. Please follow doctor’s advice regarding its use
Q.Does losartan cause constipation/infrequent urination/ drowsiness/ headache/ itching/ cough/ lower heart rate?
Losartan causes headache, drowsiness. Constipation, infrequent urination, itching, cough and low heart rate are not reported. Patient should fallow doctor’s advice regarding the possible side effects.