food interaction for ANDANT
alcohol interaction for ANDANT
pregnancy interaction for ANDANT
lactation interaction for ANDANT
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ANDANT
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ANDANTNo substitutes found
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for ANDANT
- Inform your doctor if you suffering from sleep apnea (common disorder that causes breathing to stops while sleeping); lung disease such as asthma, bronchitis (inflammation of air passages), emphysema (lung disorder in which the flow of air to the lungs is blocked), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD; lung disorder in which the flow of air to the lungs is blocked) or other breathing problems.
- Take special precautions if you have a history of depression, mental illness, or suicidal thoughts, drug or alcohol addiction.
- Never share this medicine with another person, especially with someone with a history of drug abuse or addiction. Take extreme caution while taking zaleplon as it can be habit-forming, even at regular doses.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop sleep-related behaviors such as driving a car (sleep-driving), walking (sleep-walking), having sex, making phone calls, or preparing and eating food while asleep or not fully awake.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as zaleplon makes you feel sleepy.
- Do not drink alcohol along with zaleplon as it may worsen its side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for ANDANT
Q.Is zaleplon a benzodiazepine?
Zaleplon is a hypnotic agent with a chemical structure unrelated to benzodiazepines
Q.Does zaleplon contain aspirin?
It does not contain aspirin
Q.Is zaleplon addictive or a controlled substance or narcotic?
Yes, zaleplon is a controlled substance and can be addictive, even at regular doses
Q.Is zaleplon safe?
Zaleplon is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor.Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Is zaleplon like zolpidem (Ambien)?
Zaleplon and zolpidem are hypnotics used for sleeplessness with unrelated chemical structure. Though they work by acting specifically on receptors in the brain called GABA-A receptors, their effects are different
Q.Does zaleplon cause weight gain or hair loss?
Weight gain and hair loss are rare or uncommon side effects of zaleplon. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience one or more such symptoms and stop taking zaleplon immediately.