Medicine Overview of Alcrist Injection
Side effects of Alcrist Injection
Hair loss, Peripheral neuropathy (tingling and numbness of feet and hand), Constipation.
How to use Alcrist Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Alcrist Injection works
Alcrist 1mg injection blocks replication of genetic material (DNA) in the cancer cells. Thus it stops the growth and multiplication of cancer cells.
In Depth Information on Alcrist Injection
Expert advice for Alcrist Injection
- Avoid being near people suffering from infections (such as, cold, flu, contagious illnesses), as you may be more susceptible to infections, while on vincristine therapy, because of possibility of leukopenia.
- Avoid even accidental contamination of eyes with vincristine as it may cause severe irritation.
- Vincristine may cause acute kidney disease (nephropathy) related to uric acid level.
- Care should be taken in elderly patients because they are more susceptible to neurotoxic effects of vincristine.
- In males, vincristine may cause aspermia (lack of semen causing infertility); in females vincristine may cause amenorrhea (absence of menstruation), which may recover after some duration.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Alcrist 1mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Alcrist 1mg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Alcrist 1mg Injection is usafe to use during lactation. Dat+more
a suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breast feeding is not advisable....
Alcrist 1mg Injection may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Alcrist+more
1mg Injection in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Alcrist 1mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Vincristine
Alcrist when used in combination with other drugs has shown to be cardiotoxic/ototoxic with unknown cause
Alcrist is vinca alkaloid and not an alkylating agent/ an anthracycline
Alcrist is a vesicant (irritant) and can cause damage to the blood vessels if it is not administered properly
Alcrist does not bind to DNA
Alcrist neuropathy is not reversible
Alcrist is a FDA approved medication
Alcrist is a cytotoxic drug
Q. Does Alcrist cause hair loss/infertility/ lower blood counts/ neutropenia/ neuropathy/ fever/ nausea?
These side effects are commonly observed with the use of Alcrist drug
Alcrist works by interfering with the growth of cancer cells (mitotic inhibition) and slows their spread in the body by causing an arrest of cell division in metaphase
Alcrist is a plant alkaloid comes from the source called Vinca rosea Linn.
Substitutes for Alcrist Injection
Cytocristin Aqueous 1mg Injection
₹44.04/ml of Injection
Onvinc 1mg Injection
Neon Laboratories Ltd
Biocristin AQ 1mg Injection
Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries
₹48.38/ml of Injection
Vinlon 1mg Injection
Celon Laboratories Ltd
₹50.79/ml of Injection
Biocristin 1mg Injection
Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries