Medicine Overview of Alcrist Injection
Hair loss, Peripheral neuropathy (tingling and numbness of feet and hand), Constipation.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
Alcrist 1mg Injection blocks replication of genetic material (DNA) in the cancer cells. Thus it stops the growth and multiplication of cancer cells.
In Depth Information on Alcrist Injection
- Avoid being near people suffering from infections (such as, cold, flu, contagious illnesses), as you may be more susceptible to infections, while on vincristine therapy, because of possibility of leukopenia.
- Avoid even accidental contamination of eyes with vincristine as it may cause severe irritation.
- Vincristine may cause acute kidney disease (nephropathy) related to uric acid level.
- Care should be taken in elderly patients because they are more susceptible to neurotoxic effects of vincristine.
- In males, vincristine may cause aspermia (lack of semen causing infertility); in females vincristine may cause amenorrhea (absence of menstruation), which may recover after some duration.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Alcrist Injection related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Alcrist 1mg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Alcrist 1mg Injection is unsafe to use during lactation.
Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breastfeeding is not advisable.
Alcrist 1mg Injection may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive.
Alcrist 1mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Alcrist 1mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Alcrist 1mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Alcrist 1mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions about Alcrist Injection
Alcrist when used in combination with other drugs has shown to be cardiotoxic/ototoxic with unknown cause
Alcrist is vinca alkaloid and not an alkylating agent/ an anthracycline
Alcrist is a vesicant (irritant) and can cause damage to the blood vessels if it is not administered properly
Alcrist does not bind to DNA
Alcrist neuropathy is not reversible
Alcrist is a FDA approved medication
Alcrist is a cytotoxic drug
These side effects are commonly observed with the use of Alcrist drug
Alcrist works by interfering with the growth of cancer cells (mitotic inhibition) and slows their spread in the body by causing an arrest of cell division in metaphase
Alcrist is a plant alkaloid comes from the source called Vinca rosea Linn.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Alcrist 1mg Injection: MPC, HMP, ESY, AYM, NTB, UMP, MAX, RPP, GTK, AAR, PLT, SGH, BIO, RSS, SYN, RHW, ABP, SJP, RSA, OWP, GBL, KHC, JVO, DAO, NAS, PPR, DPP, SLN, HTS, PNT, MLC, RWP, TOM, VNS, SWA, PEN, ADT, ENP, DVH, JSL, NWP, HBV, NXG, AYU, DYG, RKS, PRN, P2P, SCH, BHM, SBL, OLT, IPL, DLP, 9T9, SVS, SHP, CHP, TRP, PMA, PTI, HNP, WHL, DFP, MDO, OIP, JIV, RHL, PWN, SRG, CLT, BBS, ZEL, JVN, RUS, SHC, SDM, RDR, HEX, SAF, NSL, AAY, QTM, OHM, SGC, GPT, BDN, SSA, STA, MSD, DPL, MDH, GNC, EVP, DGN, ZVP, NNH, RJH, MAK, RPI, INC, HAT, EQN, USF, SHD, HSP, PVP, FGH, GPP, ARD, QLF, AMR, ATL, TFP, LCC, BLE, BHP, SVH, VRS, NVY, HPC, WSI, TNH, KMC, RDH, LHA, HZF, AGT, SPD, DHR, IAD, BAP, ZPR, ATP, NVL, SWP, SBA, NDP, HIP, GHR, ANT, BTM, GTC, BSN, HGI, THP, KHH, BMJ, MAM, EMB, EPS, VDH, BAL, MMS