Information about Vincristine
How Vincristine works
Vincristine blocks replication of genetic material (DNA) in the cancer cells. Thus it stops the growth and multiplication of cancer cells.
Common side effects of Vincristine
Hair loss, Peripheral neuropathy (tingling and numbness of feet and hand), Constipation
Available Medicine for Vincristine
VinlonCelon Laboratories Ltd
Biocristin AQBiochem Pharmaceutical Industries
₹44 to ₹533 variant(s)
UnicristinUnited Biotech Pvt Ltd
BiocristinBiochem Pharmaceutical Industries
OnvincNeon Laboratories Ltd
AlcristAlkem Laboratories Ltd
IvinVhb Life Sciences Inc
VcadCadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
VincrystChandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Vincristine
- Vincristine is given as a drip in the vein under the supervision of a doctor.
- Do not skip any dose and complete the course as suggested by your doctor.
- Use an effective method of birth control to avoid pregnancy while taking this medication.
- Your doctor may get regular blood tests done to monitor your blood cell count, platelet count and liver function.
- Inform your doctor if you experience skin rash, swelling of face or lips and trouble breathing.