food interaction for AGOTINE
alcohol interaction for AGOTINE
pregnancy interaction for AGOTINE
lactation interaction for AGOTINE
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR AGOTINE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR AGOTINE
- AGOPOSE 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 8/tabletRs. 80save 4% more per tablet
- AGOPREX 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 9.80/tabletRs. 98pay 17% more per tablet
- NOVELTIN 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9.40/tabletRs. 94pay 13% more per tablet
- AGOVIZ 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 6.95/tabletRs. 69.50save 17% more per tablet
- LUPIBLISS 25MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 8/tabletRs. 80save 4% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR AGOTINE
- Consult your doctor if you are taking medicines known to affect the liver, are obese or overweight, or have diabetes.
- Consult your doctor before starting treatment if you have experienced periods of abnormally high excitability and emotions (bipolar disorder, mania or hypomania).
- You may need regular tests to monitor your liver and kidney function.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever had suicidal thoughts or thoughts of harming yourself.
- Caution has to be taken before you drive or operate machinery or engage in activities requiring mental alertness and coordination as agomelatine can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not drink alcohol while receiving agomelatine treatment as it may worsen the side effects.
Frequently asked questions FOR AGOTINE
Q. Is agomelatine an SSRI?
No, agomelatine belongs to class of medication called as melatonergic antidepressants
Q. Is agomelatine an addictive drug?
No, please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Does agomelatine cause weight gain?
Yes, it may cause an increase or decrease in weight.