Information about Duloxetine
How Duloxetine works
Duloxetine works by increasing the levels of chemical messengers (serotonin and noradrenaline), natural substances in the brain that help maintain mental balance and stop the movement of pain signals in the brain.
Common side effects of Duloxetine
Headache, Dryness in mouth, Sleepiness, Decreased appetite, Blurred vision, Fatigue, Flatulence, Sweating
Available Medicine for Duloxetine
SymbalTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹54 to ₹3057 variant(s)
DuzelaSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹126 to ₹2614 variant(s)
DuvantaIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹125 to ₹2804 variant(s)
DulaneSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹93 to ₹1743 variant(s)
₹39 to ₹2395 variant(s)
₹95 to ₹2054 variant(s)
DulotinIcon Life Sciences
₹47 to ₹2246 variant(s)
DuxetTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹79 to ₹1153 variant(s)
₹118 to ₹1754 variant(s)
DulorenLa Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹92 to ₹1333 variant(s)
Expert advice for Duloxetine
- Duloxetine helps in treating depression and anxiety.
- It may also be used to treat nerve pain from diabetes and some other forms of chronic pain.
- It may take 2 to 4 weeks for Duloxetine to start working. Keep taking it as prescribed.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Duloxetine as it may cause excessive drowsiness and increase the risk of liver damage.
- It may cause a sensation of restlessness, especially when you first start taking it. Inform your doctor if this happens to you.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.