Information about Fluvoxamine
How fluvoxamine works
Fluvoxamine is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressant. It works by increasing the levels of serotonin, a chemical messenger in the brain. This improves mood and physical symptoms in depression and relieves symptoms of panic and obsessive disorders.
Common side effects of fluvoxamine
Low sexual desire, Delayed ejaculation, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Vomiting, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Nausea, Weight gain, Drowsiness, Erectile dysfunction, Stomach upset, Restlessness
Available Medicine for Fluvoxamine
- ₹118 to ₹250Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹195 to ₹348Abbott4 variant(s)
- ₹154 to ₹319Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹156 to ₹266Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹88 to ₹240Icon Life Sciences3 variant(s)
- ₹150 to ₹249Micro Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹177 to ₹299Strides shasun Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹146 to ₹255Arinna Lifescience Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹120Tripada Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹136 to ₹236Crescent Therapeutics Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Fluvoxamine
- It should be taken at night with or without food.
- The addiction/dependence potential of Fluvoxamine is very less.
- Take caution while taking Fluvoxamine if you are using Benzodiazepines and MAO inhibitors previously.
- Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how Fluvoxamine affects you.
- Fluvoxamine is when taken in combination with other drugs, leads to Serotonin syndrome. Avoid serotonergic drugs like triptans, lithium, and tramadol.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Fluvoxamine
Q. How long does Fluvoxamine take to work?
Some of your symptoms may improve within 1-2 weeks of taking Fluvoxamine. Improvement of your symptoms is a signal of this medicine working. However, this medicine may take 6-8 weeks to work.
Q. How long does Fluvoxamine stay in the body?
Fluvoxamine stays for 3-5 days in the body. This duration is very less when compared with other medicines of its class.