Information about Fluvoxamine
Fluvoxamine is used in the treatment of depression, anxiety disorder, phobia, post traumatic stress disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
How fluvoxamine works
Fluvoxamine is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressant. It works by increasing the levels of serotonin, a chemical messenger in the brain. This improves mood and physical symptoms in depression and relieves symptoms of panic and obsessive disorders.
Common side effects of fluvoxamine
Nausea, Headache, Diarrhoea, Fatigue
Available Medicine for Fluvoxamine
- ₹118 to ₹245Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹178 to ₹310Abbott2 variant(s)
- ₹141 to ₹293Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹142 to ₹253Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹84 to ₹240Icon Life Sciences3 variant(s)
- ₹147 to ₹271Strides shasun Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹150 to ₹249Micro Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹121 to ₹231Arinna Lifescience Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹136 to ₹236Crescent Therapeutics Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹101 to ₹184Psycormedies2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Fluvoxamine
- It can take 2-3 weeks for Fluvoxamine to start working.
- Do not stop treatment suddenly as this may cause a stomach upset, flu-like withdrawal symptoms and sleep disturbance.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Fluvoxamine, as it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- If your doctor asks you to stop Fluvoxamine, you should reduce the dose slowly over 4 weeks.
- The addiction/dependence potential of Fluvoxamine is very less.
- You may develop anxiety during initiation of therapy.
Frequently asked questions for Fluvoxamine
Q. Is Fluvoxamine a controlled substance, narcotic, addictive?
Fluvoxamine is not a controlled substance, narcotic or addictive
Q. Is Fluvoxamine a monoamine oxidase inhibitor or benzo?
Fluvoxamine is not a monoamine oxidase inhibitor or benzo. It is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor
Q. Is Fluvoxamine safe?
Fluvoxamine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is Fluvoxamine like Xanax, Luvox, and Prozac?
Luvox is the brand name of Fluvoxamine. Fluvoxamine and Prozac (fluoxetine) belongs to same class of medications however they differ in the dose to be taken, duration of action and the side effects they produce. Xanax (alprazolam) is a different drug from different class used to treat anxiety disorder
Q. Can fluvoxamine be taken with ibuprofen?
Fluvoxamine when taken with ibuprofen may lead to increased bruising or bleeding
Q. Does Fluvoxamine make you sleepy, cause hair loss, weight gain or loss, get you high, and make you tired?
Fluvoxamine can make you sleepy, gain weight or lose, get you high and tired. Generally Fluvoxamine does not cause hair loss.