Medicine Overview of Zuvair Tablet
Uses of Zuvair Tablet
Zuvair 20mg Tablet is used to prevent Asthma.
Side effects of Zuvair Tablet
Headache, Infection, Nausea, Diarrhoea, Pain, Weakness.
How to use Zuvair Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Zuvair 20mg Tablet empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
How Zuvair Tablet works
Zuvair 20mg tablet works by blocking the action of leukotriene. It lowers inflammation in the airways and nasal passages to prevent asthma.
In Depth Information on Zuvair Tablet
Expert advice for Zuvair Tablet
- Zafirlukast should not be taken along with meals.
- Do not take zafirlukast to treat sudden (acute) asthma attacks.
- If your asthma gets worse while you are taking zafirlukast, follow the advice that your doctor has given you for treating sudden (acute) asthma attacks and see your doctor as soon as possible.
- Do not stop taking zafirlukast even when you are feeling well (symptom free), unless your doctor tells you so.
- Take special care before taking zafirlukast if you are smoker or have kidney problems.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Zuvair 20mg Tablet
It is generally safe to consume alcohol with Zuvair 20mg Tablet.
Zuvair 20mg Tablet is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Zuvair 20mg Tablet should be used with caution during lactat+more
ion. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Zuvair 20mg Tablet does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Zuvair 20mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with kidney di+more
sease. No dose adjustment of Zuvair 20mg Tablet is recommended....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Levocet Syrup, Avil 22.75mg Injection, Zathrin Redimix Suspension, PRATHAM 200MG REDIUSE SUSPENSION
Frequently asked questions for Zuvair 20mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Zafirlukast
Q. Is zafirlukast an antihistamine or a steroid or a blood thinner?
Zafirlukast is leukotriene receptor antagonist used to relieve difficulty in breathing during asthma
No. Singulair is proprietary (brand) name for montelukast drug, a leukotriene receptor blocker similar to Zuvair
Yes. Zuvair is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Zuvair has not been reported to cause weight gain.
Substitutes for Zuvair
No substitutes found for this medicine