Information about Zafirlukast
Zafirlukast is used to prevent Asthma.
How zafirlukast works
Zafirlukast works by blocking the action of leukotriene. It lowers inflammation in the airways and nasal passages to prevent asthma.
Common side effects of zafirlukast
Headache, Infection, Nausea, Diarrhoea, Pain, Weakness
Available Medicine for Zafirlukast
- ₹40 to ₹61Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Zafirlukast
- Zafirlukast should not be taken along with meals.
- Do not take zafirlukast to treat sudden (acute) asthma attacks.
- If your asthma gets worse while you are taking zafirlukast, follow the advice that your doctor has given you for treating sudden (acute) asthma attacks and see your doctor as soon as possible.
- Do not stop taking zafirlukast even when you are feeling well (symptom free), unless your doctor tells you so.
- Take special care before taking zafirlukast if you are smoker or have kidney problems.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Zafirlukast
Q. Is zafirlukast an antihistamine or a steroid or a blood thinner?
Zafirlukast is leukotriene receptor antagonist used to relieve difficulty in breathing during asthma
Q. Does Singulair contain Zafirlukast?
No. Singulair is proprietary (brand) name for montelukast drug, a leukotriene receptor blocker similar to Zafirlukast
Q. Is Zafirlukast gluten free?
Yes. Zafirlukast is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q. Does Zafirlukast cause weight gain?
Zafirlukast has not been reported to cause weight gain.