Information about Zafirlukast
Zafirlukast is used to prevent asthma.
How Zafirlukast works
Zafirlukast works by blocking the action of leukotriene. It lowers inflammation in the airways and nose to prevent asthma.
Common side effects of Zafirlukast
Headache, Infection, Nausea, Diarrhea, Pain, Weakness
Expert advice for Zafirlukast
- You have been prescribed Zafirlukast for asthma prevention and for the treatment of allergy symptoms such as sneezing and runny nose.
- Take it on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after meals.
- It is a relatively safe medicine with very few side effects.
- Take Zafirlukast 2 hours before exercising if you have exercise-induced asthma.
- It does not work right away and should not be used to relieve sudden breathing problems. Use your rescue inhaler to control sudden difficulty in breathing.
- Do not discontinue use without consulting your doctor, even if you feel better.