food interaction for ZUVAIR
alcohol interaction for ZUVAIR
pregnancy interaction for ZUVAIR
lactation interaction for ZUVAIR
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ZUVAIR
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ZUVAIRNo substitutes found
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for ZUVAIR
- Zafirlukast should not be taken along with meals.
- Do not take zafirlukast to treat sudden (acute) asthma attacks.
- If your asthma gets worse while you are taking zafirlukast, follow the advice that your doctor has given you for treating sudden (acute) asthma attacks and see your doctor as soon as possible.
- Do not stop taking zafirlukast even when you are feeling well (symptom free), unless your doctor tells you so.
- Take special care before taking zafirlukast if you are smoker or have kidney problems.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for ZUVAIR
Q.Is zafirlukast an antihistamine or a steroid or a blood thinner?
Zafirlukast is leukotriene receptor antagonist used to relieve difficulty in breathing during asthma
Q.Does Singulair contain zafirlukast?
No. Singulair is proprietary (brand) name for montelukast drug, a leukotriene receptor blocker similar to zafirlukast
Q.Is zafirlukast gluten free?
Yes. Zafirlukast is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q.Does zafirlukast cause weight gain?
Zafirlukast has not been reported to cause weight gain.