Substitutes for ZUVAIR
No substitutes found for this medicine
Medicine Overview of ZUVAIR TABLET
Uses of ZUVAIR TABLET
Zuvair 10mg tablet is used to prevent asthma.
Side effects of ZUVAIR TABLET
Headache, Infection, Nausea, Diarrhoea, Pain, Weakness.
How to use ZUVAIR TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Zuvair 10mg tablet empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
How ZUVAIR TABLET works
Zuvair 10mg tablet works by blocking the action of leukotriene. It lowers inflammation in the airways and nasal passages to prevent asthma.
In Depth Information on ZUVAIR TABLET
Expert advice for ZUVAIR TABLET
- Zafirlukast should not be taken along with meals.
- Do not take zafirlukast to treat sudden (acute) asthma attacks.
- If your asthma gets worse while you are taking zafirlukast, follow the advice that your doctor has given you for treating sudden (acute) asthma attacks and see your doctor as soon as possible.
- Do not stop taking zafirlukast even when you are feeling well (symptom free), unless your doctor tells you so.
- Take special care before taking zafirlukast if you are smoker or have kidney problems.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for ZUVAIR 10MG TABLET
It is generally safe to consume alcohol with Zuvair 10mg tablet.
Zuvair 10mg tablet is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
There is no interaction between driving and consuming this drug. So dose alteration is not needed.
There is no interaction between renal impairment and consumi+more
ng this drug. So dose alteration is not needed....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
LEVOCET SYRUP, AVIL 22.75MG INJECTION, ZATHRIN REDIMIX SUSPENSION, PRATHAM 200MG/5ML REDIUSE SUSPENSION
Frequently asked questions for ZUVAIR 10MG TABLET
Frequently asked questions for Zafirlukast
Q. Is zafirlukast an antihistamine or a steroid or a blood thinner?
Zafirlukast is leukotriene receptor antagonist used to relieve difficulty in breathing during asthma
Q. Does Singulair contain zafirlukast?
No. Singulair is proprietary (brand) name for montelukast drug, a leukotriene receptor blocker similar to zafirlukast
Q. Is zafirlukast gluten free?
Yes. Zafirlukast is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q. Does zafirlukast cause weight gain?
Zafirlukast has not been reported to cause weight gain.