Medicine Overview of ZOLPAX NASAL SPRAY
Uses of ZOLPAX NASAL SPRAY
Zolpax nasal spray is used in acute attack of migraine.
Side effects of ZOLPAX NASAL SPRAY
Neck pain, Jaw pain, Throat pain, Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation), Sleepiness, Dry mouth, Nausea, Weakness, Dizziness, Sensation of heaviness, Warm sensation.
How to use ZOLPAX NASAL SPRAY
Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Blow your nose gently. Insert the bottle tip into one nostril and close the other nostril. Keep the head upright. Breath in while pressing the bottle. Repeat in other nostril.
How ZOLPAX NASAL SPRAY works
Migraine headaches are thought to result from the dilatation of blood vessels in the head. Zolpax nasal spray works by constricting (narrowing) these blood vessels, thereby relieving the migraine headaches.
In Depth Information on ZOLPAX NASAL SPRAY
Expert advice for ZOLPAX NASAL SPRAY
- To relieve migraine as soon as possible, take Zolmitriptan as soon as the headache begins.
- Lying down in a quiet and dark room for a while after you use Zolmitriptan may help to relieve the migraine.
- Take Zolmitriptan only as prescribed by the doctor. Using too much Zolmitriptan may increase the chances of side effects.
- Notify your doctor if your migraine headaches are occurring more often, than before you started using Zolmitriptan.
- Notify your doctor if you have used Zolmitriptan for at least three consecutive months.
- Avoid driving after taking as it may cause drowsiness and dizziness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Zolmitriptan, it can cause new and worse headaches.
Special precautions for ZOLPAX NASAL SPRAY
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Zolpax nasal spray may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Caution should be used in patients with moderate to severe renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for ZOLPAX 5MG NASAL SPRAY
Frequently asked questions for Zolmitriptan
Q. Is zolmitriptan a narcotic/addictive/blood thinner?
Zolmitriptan is not a narcotic or addictive or blood thinner
Q. Can I take zolmitriptan with Paracetamol/ amitriptyline/ Aspirin/ Ibuprofen/ Cymbalta/ Vicodin/ Naproxen/ Tylenol?
Zolmitriptan may interact with these medications. Kindly follow doctors instructions
Q. Does zolmitriptan get you high?
Ziprasidone may cause side effects. Call your doctor if you experience any unusual problems during your treatment with Zolmitriptan.
User Submitted Feedback For ZOLPAX 5MG NASAL SPRAY
Patients taking ZOLPAX NASAL SPRAY
Once A Day
Twice A Day