Medicine Overview of Zin OD Tablet
Uses of Zin OD Tablet
Zin OD Tablet is used in the treatment of Tuberculosis.
Side effects of Zin OD Tablet
Jaundice, Hepatitis (viral infection of liver), Increased liver enzymes, Joint pain.
How to use Zin OD Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Zin OD Tablet with food.
How Zin OD Tablet works
Zin od tablet is an antibiotic. It works by slowing the growth of bacteria that causes tuberculosis.
In Depth Information on Zin OD Tablet
Expert advice for Zin OD Tablet
- Avoid alcoholic beverages while taking this drug.
- Do not have any immunizations/vaccinations while using this medication without the consent of your doctor.
- Contact your doctor immediately if you experience symptoms such as persistent nausea, vomiting, feeling of discomfort (malaise) or jaundice (abnormal liver function causing yellowing of skin and eyes) while taking pyrazinamide. It indicates that you are developing liver disease.
- Constant monitoring of liver function (especially levels of enzymes aspartate transferase [AST] and alanine transferase [ALT]) and blood uric acid levels is advised while on treatment with pyrazinamide.
- Do consult your doctor before taking pyrazinamide if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- Do not use pyrazinamide, if you are breast-feeding.
- Do not stop taking pyrazinamide without consulting your doctor.
- If you forget to take a dose of pyrazinamide, take it as soon as you remember. Do not double the dose to make up for the missed dose.
- Do consult your doctor if you are taking oral contraceptive medications (hormonal birth control pills) for birth control. Your doctor may ask you to use other means of birth control (eg. condom, diaphragm with spermicide) to prevent pregnancy while taking pyrazinamide.
Special precautions for Zin OD Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Zin OD Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Zin OD Tablet is safe to use during lactation. Human studie+more
s have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby....
It is not known whether Zin OD Tablet alters the ability to+more
drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
Zin OD Tablet is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Caution should be used in patients with renal impairment....
Caution should be used in patients with renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Avery 300mg Tablet, Ciprolic 300mg Tablet, Logout 250mg Capsule SR, Piloric 300mg Tablet
If you miss a dose of Pyrazinamide, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Zin OD NA Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Pyrazinamide
Zin od is an antibiotic. It is used in combination with other antibiotics in the treatment of tuberculosis
Zin od is both a bacteriostatic and a bactericidal antibiotic. It stops the growth of bacteria (bacteriostatic) in certain cases and kills (bactericidal) the tuberculosis causing bacteria in other cases
Zin od kills or stops growth of bacteria that causes tuberculosis (Mycobacterium tuberculosis). The exact mechanism of action for Zin od is not known
Following oral intake of Zin od, it gets converted in the body to pyrazinoic acid (active chemical form of Zin od). Pyrazinoic acid blocks the excretion of urates (salt form of uric acid) by the kidneys. This causes an increase in blood levels of uric acid (hyperuricemia). Excess uric acid accumulation between joints causes pain, swelling, redness and stiffness in joints (gout).
Substitutes for Zin OD
No substitutes found for this medicine