Information about Betahistine
Betahistine is used for Meniere's disease. It helps to reduce the episodes of vertigo associated with Meniere's disease.
How Betahistine works
Betahistine is a histamine analog. It works by improving the blood flow in the inner ear which reduces the pressure of excess fluid there. Excess fluid can send signals to the brain causing nausea, dizziness or spinning sensations (symptoms of Ménière's disease). Betahistine additionally dampens down the nerve signals sent from the inner ear to the brain relieving the symptoms of Ménière's disease.
Common side effects of Betahistine
Headache, Indigestion, Nausea, Stomach pain, Bloating
Available Medicine for Betahistine
₹145 to ₹38610 variant(s)
BetavertSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹65 to ₹2956 variant(s)
VerbetAlbert David Ltd
₹73 to ₹1703 variant(s)
VertistarMankind Pharma Ltd
₹33 to ₹1105 variant(s)
ZevertIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹31 to ₹2959 variant(s)
₹90 to ₹2293 variant(s)
MerislonEisai Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd
₹76 to ₹1352 variant(s)
BvertIcon Life Sciences
₹64 to ₹2676 variant(s)
₹62 to ₹1943 variant(s)
Betahist ForteGeno Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Expert advice for Betahistine
- You have been prescribed Betahistine to relieve vertigo (dizziness), hearing problems and tinnitus (noise in the ear) associated with Ménière's disease.
- It can only decrease the number and severity of attacks but may not completely stop them.
- Taking it with food can help reduce stomach problems.
- Take it at the same time each day to maintain a steady amount of the medicine in your body.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of stomach ulcer, asthma, or low blood pressure.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Do not stop taking the medicine suddenly without talking to your doctor first.