Information about Levocetirizine
Levocetirizine is used in the treatment of allergic conditions.
How Levocetirizine works
Levocetirizine is an antihistaminic medication. It treats allergy symptoms such as itching, swelling, and rashes by blocking the effects of a chemical messenger (histamine) in the body.
Common side effects of Levocetirizine
Sleepiness, Fatigue, Dryness in mouth, Headache, Vomiting, Nasopharyngitis (inflammation of the throat and nasal passages)
Available Medicine for Levocetirizine
TeczineSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹88 to ₹2314 variant(s)
₹31 to ₹843 variant(s)
LevosizSystopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹17 to ₹906 variant(s)
LevocetHetero Healthcare Limited
₹33 to ₹1054 variant(s)
LavetaAlembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹47 to ₹2515 variant(s)
HhlevoHegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLP
LecopeMankind Pharma Ltd
₹27 to ₹422 variant(s)
VozetDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹53 to ₹1423 variant(s)
LezyncetTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹58 to ₹993 variant(s)
₹47 to ₹792 variant(s)
Expert advice for Levocetirizine
- Your doctor has prescribed Levocetirizine to help relieve allergy symptoms such as itching, swelling, and rashes.
- As compared to other similar medications, it is much less likely to make you feel sleepy.
- Be cautious while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as it can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking this medication as it may cause increased sleepiness.
- Stop taking Levocetirizine at least three days before taking an allergy test as it can affect the test results.