food interaction for XECAP
alcohol interaction for XECAP
pregnancy interaction for XECAP
lactation interaction for XECAP
medicine interaction for XECAP
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR XECAP
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR XECAP
- XELODA 500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Roche Products India Pvt LtdRs. 200.20/tabletRs. 2002pay 60% more per tablet
- CACIT 500MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 166.89/tabletRs. 1668.86pay 34% more per tablet
- CAPECITE 500 MG TABLET(8 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 129.66/tabletRs. 1037.25pay 4% more per tablet
- CAPIIBINE 500 MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 95.30/tabletRs. 2859.05save 24% more per tablet
- CAPSY 500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 144.76/tabletRs. 1447.62pay 16% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR XECAP
- Capecitabine should be taken with water within half an hour of taking a meal.
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering from high or low levels of calcium, cardiac toxicity problems or hand and foot syndrome.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of diabetes, nervous system disorders or are taking medication for blood thinning.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any medications for gout (allopurinol), fits (phenytoin), or cancer (folinic acid, oxaliplatin, bevacizumab).
- Capecitabine may cause dizziness or nausea and so it is recommended not to drive or use heavy machinery immediately after taking it.
- Treatment with capecitabine need to be permanently discontinued in patients who experience a severe skin reaction.
- Women who are planning to become pregnant should use two methods of contraception while on this therapy and thereafter as recommended by the doctor.
- Men who are going to use this therapy should not father a child while on this therapy and thereafter as recommended by the doctor. They should also seek guidance and counselling on sperm conservation before taking this therapy.
Frequently asked questions FOR XECAP
Q. Is capecitabine a generic/ effective/ FDA approved?
Yes, capecitabine is a generic. It is approved by the FDA. It is effective when taken for a condition at a dose for the duration prescribed by the doctor
Q. Is capecitabine an anthracycline?
No, capecitabine is not an anthracycline
Q. Is capecitabine cytotoxic?
No. Capecitabine is a cytostatic (stops the growth of cells) agent
Q. How is it administered?
It is administered as a tablet
Q. Where is capecitabine absorbed?
Capecitabine is quickly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract
Q. How is it metabolized?
It is metabolized in the liver and tumor tissue
Q. How quickly does capecitabine work?
Capecitabine works based on intensity and severity of cancer. Please ask the doctor how quickly it will work
Q. How long does it stay in the system?
Capecitabine and its metabolites stay in the system about two hours on an average
Q. Does capecitabine cause hair loss/ tiredness/ diarrhea or affect skin?
Capecitabine is known to have side effects like hair loss/ tiredness/ diarrhea and affects skin. Please inform the doctor about any side effects that you observe while on therapy.