Medicine Overview of Vorizef Injection
Uses of Vorizef Injection
Vorizef Lyophilised Injection is used in the treatment of serious fungal infections.
Side effects of Vorizef Injection
Nausea, Abdominal pain, Skin rash, Increased liver enzymes.
How to use Vorizef Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Vorizef Injection works
Vorizef lyophilised injection stops the growth of fungus by preventing them from making their protective covering.
In Depth Information on Vorizef Injection
Expert advice for Vorizef Injection
- Do not take voriconazole if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breast-feeding unless advised by your doctor.
- Before you start treatment and also while on treatment with voriconazole, your doctor may ask you to get your blood tested for any electrolyte disturbances (hypokalaemia [low potassium], hypomagnesaemia [low magnesium], and hypocalcaemia [low calcium]), as it is important to be corrected.
- Voriconazole is recommended to be taken either one hour before or one to two hours after a meal.
- Voriconazole may cause blurring of vision or uncomfortable sensitivity to light. If affected, do not drive or operate machines.
- Voriconazole may make you feel dizzy, or have blurred/double vision, or affect your hearing. Do not drive or use machines if you feel dizzy, or if your eyesight or hearing are affected.
- Inform your doctor about all the prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, and nutritional supplements that you are taking.
- Avoid sun exposures while on voriconazole, cover sun exposed areas of skin and use sunscreen with high sun protection factor (SPF).
Special precautions for Vorizef Lyophilised Injection
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Vorizef Lyophilised Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Vorizef Lyophilised Injection is probably usafe to use durin+more
g lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
Vorizef Lyophilised Injection may cause blurring of vision or uncomfortable sensitivity to light and this may impair your ability to drive....
Vorizef Lyophilised Injection may cause blurring of vision or uncomfortable sensitivity to light and this may impair your ability to drive.
Vorizef Lyophilised Injection is safe to use in patients wit+more
h kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Vorizef Lyophilised Injection is recommended....
Vorizef Lyophilised Injection should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Vorizef Lyophilised Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Regular monitoring of liver function tests is advised while you are taking this medicine....
Regular monitoring of liver function tests is advised while you are taking this medicine.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Paliris 6mg Tablet, Prazopill XL 5mg Tablet, Minipress XL 5mg Tablet, Urimax 0.4mg Capsule MR
Frequently asked questions for Vorizef 200mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Voriconazole
No, Vorizef is not an antibiotic. It is an antifungal agent used to treat yeast and fungal infections
Yes, Vorizef is fungicidal (it kills fungi by interfering with the cell wall synthesis)
Yes, Vorizef is a generic name. It is available in various trade names
Yes, it may cause nephrotoxicity (inflammation of the nephron of the kidney). However, inflammation of the kidneys is not a common side effect of Vorizef
Hair loss is a common side effect of Vorizef therapy
Vorizef is not known to cause dry mouth or make you tired
Vorizef is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Vorizef is an azole antifungal agent used to treat yeast and fungal infections. Vorizef is used to treat fungal infections of the lungs that spread into the blood stream (invasive aspergillosis). Vorizef is also used for of the mouth and, food pipe and throat that results in patching of the skin (esophageal candidiasis). Vorizef is used for yeast infections of the skin, stomach, kidney, bladder, and wounds. Vorizef is used to treat fungal infection due to Candida sp in non-neutropenic patients (patients without abnormally low white blood cell count), in serious fluconazole-resistant fungal infections due to Candida sp (including C. krusei) and in serious fungal infections caused by Scedosporium sp. or Fusarium sp. (two different species of fungi). It may also be used in life threatening and severe advancing fungal infections
Yes, Vorizef is dialyzable
The price of Vorizef may vary depending upon the brand prescribed to you.Please read the instruction on the package for the correct price of the product.
Substitutes for Vorizef Injection
Voritek 200mg Injection
₹113.92/ml of Injection
Voritrol 200mg Injection
₹181.25/ml of Injection
Vosicaz 200mg Injection
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹284.7/ml of Injection
Vorizol 200mg Injection
Natco Pharma Ltd
₹1350.0/ml of Injection
Voritrop 200mg Injection
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd