Medicine Overview of Vorizef Tablet
Uses of Vorizef Tablet
Vorizef 200mg Tablet is used in the treatment of serious fungal infections.
Side effects of Vorizef Tablet
Nausea, Abdominal pain, Skin rash, Increased liver enzymes.
How to use Vorizef Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Vorizef 200mg Tablet empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
How Vorizef Tablet works
Vorizef 200mg tablet stops the growth of fungus by preventing them from making their protective covering.
In Depth Information on Vorizef Tablet
Expert advice for Vorizef Tablet
- Do not take voriconazole if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breast-feeding unless advised by your doctor.
- Before you start treatment and also while on treatment with voriconazole, your doctor may ask you to get your blood tested for any electrolyte disturbances (hypokalaemia [low potassium], hypomagnesaemia [low magnesium], and hypocalcaemia [low calcium]), as it is important to be corrected.
- Voriconazole is recommended to be taken either one hour before or one to two hours after a meal.
- Voriconazole may cause blurring of vision or uncomfortable sensitivity to light. If affected, do not drive or operate machines.
- Voriconazole may make you feel dizzy, or have blurred/double vision, or affect your hearing. Do not drive or use machines if you feel dizzy, or if your eyesight or hearing are affected.
- Inform your doctor about all the prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, and nutritional supplements that you are taking.
- Avoid sun exposures while on voriconazole, cover sun exposed areas of skin and use sunscreen with high sun protection factor (SPF).
Special precautions for Vorizef 200mg Tablet
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Vorizef 200mg Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Vorizef 200mg Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactati+more
on. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
Vorizef 200mg Tablet may cause blurring of vision or uncomfortable sensitivity to light and this may impair your ability to drive....
Vorizef 200mg Tablet may cause blurring of vision or uncomfortable sensitivity to light and this may impair your ability to drive.
Vorizef 200mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with kidney+more
disease. No dose adjustment of Vorizef 200mg Tablet is recommended....
Vorizef 200mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Vorizef 200mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Regular monitoring of liver function tests is advised while you are taking this medicine....
Regular monitoring of liver function tests is advised while you are taking this medicine.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Prazopill XL 5mg Tablet, Minipress XL 5mg Tablet, Urimax 0.4mg Capsule MR, Minipress XL 2.5mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Vorizef 200mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Voriconazole
No, Vorizef is not an antibiotic. It is an antifungal agent used to treat yeast and fungal infections
Yes, Vorizef is fungicidal (it kills fungi by interfering with the cell wall synthesis)
Yes, Vorizef is a generic name. It is available in various trade names
Yes, it may cause nephrotoxicity (inflammation of the nephron of the kidney). However, inflammation of the kidneys is not a common side effect of Vorizef
Hair loss is a common side effect of Vorizef therapy
Vorizef is not known to cause dry mouth or make you tired
Vorizef is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Vorizef is an azole antifungal agent used to treat yeast and fungal infections. Vorizef is used to treat fungal infections of the lungs that spread into the blood stream (invasive aspergillosis). Vorizef is also used for of the mouth and, food pipe and throat that results in patching of the skin (esophageal candidiasis). Vorizef is used for yeast infections of the skin, stomach, kidney, bladder, and wounds. Vorizef is used to treat fungal infection due to Candida sp in non-neutropenic patients (patients without abnormally low white blood cell count), in serious fluconazole-resistant fungal infections due to Candida sp (including C. krusei) and in serious fungal infections caused by Scedosporium sp. or Fusarium sp. (two different species of fungi). It may also be used in life threatening and severe advancing fungal infections
Yes, Vorizef is dialyzable
The price of Vorizef may vary depending upon the brand prescribed to you.Please read the instruction on the package for the correct price of the product.
Substitutes for Vorizef Tablet
Voritrol 200mg Tablet
Vosicaz 200mg Tablet
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Vorimed 200mg Tablet
United Biotech Pvt Ltd
Voritek 200mg Tablet
Vorifast 200mg Tablet
Galcare Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd