Medicine Overview of Voritrop Injection
Uses of Voritrop Injection
Voritrop 200mg Injection is used in the treatment of serious fungal infections.
Side effects of Voritrop Injection
Nausea, Abdominal pain, Skin rash, Increased liver enzymes.
How to use Voritrop Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Voritrop Injection works
Voritrop 200mg injection stops the growth of fungus by preventing them from making their protective covering.
In Depth Information on Voritrop Injection
Expert advice for Voritrop Injection
- Do not take voriconazole if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breast-feeding unless advised by your doctor.
- Before you start treatment and also while on treatment with voriconazole, your doctor may ask you to get your blood tested for any electrolyte disturbances (hypokalaemia [low potassium], hypomagnesaemia [low magnesium], and hypocalcaemia [low calcium]), as it is important to be corrected.
- Voriconazole is recommended to be taken either one hour before or one to two hours after a meal.
- Voriconazole may cause blurring of vision or uncomfortable sensitivity to light. If affected, do not drive or operate machines.
- Voriconazole may make you feel dizzy, or have blurred/double vision, or affect your hearing. Do not drive or use machines if you feel dizzy, or if your eyesight or hearing are affected.
- Inform your doctor about all the prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, and nutritional supplements that you are taking.
- Avoid sun exposures while on voriconazole, cover sun exposed areas of skin and use sunscreen with high sun protection factor (SPF).
Special precautions for Voritrop 200mg Injection
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Voritrop 200mg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Voritrop 200mg Injection is probably usafe to use during lac+more
tation. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
Voritrop 200mg Injection may cause blurring of vision or uncomfortable sensitivity to light and this may impair your ability to drive....
Voritrop 200mg Injection may cause blurring of vision or uncomfortable sensitivity to light and this may impair your ability to drive.
Voritrop 200mg Injection is safe to use in patients with kid+more
ney disease. No dose adjustment of Voritrop 200mg Injection is recommended....
Voritrop 200mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Voritrop 200mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Regular monitoring of liver function tests is advised while you are taking this medicine....
Regular monitoring of liver function tests is advised while you are taking this medicine.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Minipress XL 5mg Tablet, Urimax 0.4mg Capsule MR, Minipress XL 2.5mg Tablet, Siquil 10mg/1ml Injection
Frequently asked questions for Voritrop 200mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Voriconazole
No, Voritrop is not an antibiotic. It is an antifungal agent used to treat yeast and fungal infections
Yes, Voritrop is fungicidal (it kills fungi by interfering with the cell wall synthesis)
Yes, Voritrop is a generic name. It is available in various trade names
Yes, it may cause nephrotoxicity (inflammation of the nephron of the kidney). However, inflammation of the kidneys is not a common side effect of Voritrop
Hair loss is a common side effect of Voritrop therapy
Voritrop is not known to cause dry mouth or make you tired
Voritrop is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Voritrop is an azole antifungal agent used to treat yeast and fungal infections. Voritrop is used to treat fungal infections of the lungs that spread into the blood stream (invasive aspergillosis). Voritrop is also used for of the mouth and, food pipe and throat that results in patching of the skin (esophageal candidiasis). Voritrop is used for yeast infections of the skin, stomach, kidney, bladder, and wounds. Voritrop is used to treat fungal infection due to Candida sp in non-neutropenic patients (patients without abnormally low white blood cell count), in serious fluconazole-resistant fungal infections due to Candida sp (including C. krusei) and in serious fungal infections caused by Scedosporium sp. or Fusarium sp. (two different species of fungi). It may also be used in life threatening and severe advancing fungal infections
Yes, Voritrop is dialyzable
The price of Voritrop may vary depending upon the brand prescribed to you.Please read the instruction on the package for the correct price of the product.
Substitutes for Voritrop Injection
Voritek 200mg Injection
₹113.92/ml of Injection
Voritrol 200mg Injection
₹181.25/ml of Injection
Vosicaz 200mg Injection
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹250.23/ml of Injection
Vorizol 200mg Injection
Natco Pharma Ltd
₹1157.14/ml of Injection
Rextro 200mg Injection
Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd