Substitutes for VORIMED TABLET
VORITROL 200MG TABLET
VOSICAZ 200MG TABLET
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
VORIZOL 200MG TABLET
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
VORITEK 200MG TABLET
VHOPE 200MG TABLET
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Medicine Overview of VORIMED TABLET
Uses of VORIMED TABLET
Vorimed 200mg tablet is used in the treatment of serious fungal infections.
Side effects of VORIMED TABLET
Nausea, Abdominal pain, Skin rash, Increased liver enzymes.
How to use VORIMED TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Vorimed 200mg tablet empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
How VORIMED TABLET works
Vorimed 200mg tablet stops the growth of fungus by preventing them from making their protective covering.
In Depth Information on VORIMED TABLET
Expert advice for VORIMED TABLET
- Do not take voriconazole if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breast-feeding unless advised by your doctor.
- Before you start treatment and also while on treatment with voriconazole, your doctor may ask you to get your blood tested for any electrolyte disturbances (hypokalaemia [low potassium], hypomagnesaemia [low magnesium], and hypocalcaemia [low calcium]), as it is important to be corrected.
- Voriconazole is recommended to be taken either one hour before or one to two hours after a meal.
- Voriconazole may cause blurring of vision or uncomfortable sensitivity to light. If affected, do not drive or operate machines.
- Voriconazole may make you feel dizzy, or have blurred/double vision, or affect your hearing. Do not drive or use machines if you feel dizzy, or if your eyesight or hearing are affected.
- Inform your doctor about all the prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, and nutritional supplements that you are taking.
- Avoid sun exposures while on voriconazole, cover sun exposed areas of skin and use sunscreen with high sun protection factor (SPF).
Special precautions for VORIMED 200MG TABLET
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Vorimed 200mg tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Vorimed 200mg tablet is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
patients not to drive or operate hazardous machinery .
There is no interaction between renal impairment and consumi+more
ng this drug. So dose alteration is not needed....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
URIMAX 0.4MG CAPSULE MR, PRAZOPRESS 2.5MG TABLET XL, SERENACE 5MG INJECTION 1ML, T ZINE 10MG TABLET
Frequently asked questions for VORIMED 200MG TABLET
Frequently asked questions for Voriconazole
Q. Is voriconazole an antibiotic?
No, voriconazole is not an antibiotic. It is an antifungal agent used to treat yeast and fungal infections
Q. Is voriconazole fungicidal?
Yes, voriconazole is fungicidal (it kills fungi by interfering with the cell wall synthesis)
Q. Is voriconazole generic?
Yes, voriconazole is a generic name. It is available in various trade names
Q. Is voriconazole nephrotoxic?
Yes, it may cause nephrotoxicity (inflammation of the nephron of the kidney). However, inflammation of the kidneys is not a common side effect of voriconazole
Q. Does voriconazole cause hair loss?
Hair loss is a common side effect of voriconazole therapy
Q. Does voriconazole cause dry mouth or make you tired?
Voriconazole is not known to cause dry mouth or make you tired
Q. Is voriconazole safe?
Voriconazole is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. What is voriconazole used for?
Voriconazole is an azole antifungal agent used to treat yeast and fungal infections. Voriconazole is used to treat fungal infections of the lungs that spread into the blood stream (invasive aspergillosis). Voriconazole is also used for of the mouth and, food pipe and throat that results in patching of the skin (esophageal candidiasis). Voriconazole is used for yeast infections of the skin, stomach, kidney, bladder, and wounds. Voriconazole is used to treat fungal infection due to Candida sp in non-neutropenic patients (patients without abnormally low white blood cell count), in serious fluconazole-resistant fungal infections due to Candida sp (including C. krusei) and in serious fungal infections caused by Scedosporium sp. or Fusarium sp. (two different species of fungi). It may also be used in life threatening and severe advancing fungal infections
Q. Is voriconazole dialyzable?
Yes, voriconazole is dialyzable
Q. How much does voriconazole cost?
The price of voriconazole may vary depending upon the brand prescribed to you.Please read the instruction on the package for the correct price of the product.