Medicine Overview of Voraze Tablet
Uses of Voraze Tablet
Voraze 50mg Tablet is used in the treatment of serious fungal infections.
Side effects of Voraze Tablet
Nausea, Abdominal pain, Skin rash, Increased liver enzymes.
How to use Voraze Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Voraze 50mg Tablet empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
How Voraze Tablet works
Voraze 50mg tablet stops the growth of fungus by preventing them from making their protective covering.
In Depth Information on Voraze Tablet
Expert advice for Voraze Tablet
- Do not take voriconazole if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breast-feeding unless advised by your doctor.
- Before you start treatment and also while on treatment with voriconazole, your doctor may ask you to get your blood tested for any electrolyte disturbances (hypokalaemia [low potassium], hypomagnesaemia [low magnesium], and hypocalcaemia [low calcium]), as it is important to be corrected.
- Voriconazole is recommended to be taken either one hour before or one to two hours after a meal.
- Voriconazole may cause blurring of vision or uncomfortable sensitivity to light. If affected, do not drive or operate machines.
- Voriconazole may make you feel dizzy, or have blurred/double vision, or affect your hearing. Do not drive or use machines if you feel dizzy, or if your eyesight or hearing are affected.
- Inform your doctor about all the prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, and nutritional supplements that you are taking.
- Avoid sun exposures while on voriconazole, cover sun exposed areas of skin and use sunscreen with high sun protection factor (SPF).
Special precautions for Voraze 50mg Tablet
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Voraze 50mg Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Voraze 50mg Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactation+more
. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
Voraze 50mg Tablet may cause blurring of vision or uncomfortable sensitivity to light and this may impair your ability to drive....
Voraze 50mg Tablet may cause blurring of vision or uncomfortable sensitivity to light and this may impair your ability to drive.
Voraze 50mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with kidney di+more
sease. No dose adjustment of Voraze 50mg Tablet is recommended....
Voraze 50mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Voraze 50mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Regular monitoring of liver function tests is advised while you are taking this medicine....
Regular monitoring of liver function tests is advised while you are taking this medicine.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Minipress XL 5mg Tablet, Urimax 0.4mg Capsule MR, Minipress XL 2.5mg Tablet, Siquil 10mg/1ml Injection
Frequently asked questions for Voraze 50mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Voriconazole
No, Voraze is not an antibiotic. It is an antifungal agent used to treat yeast and fungal infections
Yes, Voraze is fungicidal (it kills fungi by interfering with the cell wall synthesis)
Yes, Voraze is a generic name. It is available in various trade names
Yes, it may cause nephrotoxicity (inflammation of the nephron of the kidney). However, inflammation of the kidneys is not a common side effect of Voraze
Hair loss is a common side effect of Voraze therapy
Voraze is not known to cause dry mouth or make you tired
Voraze is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Voraze is an azole antifungal agent used to treat yeast and fungal infections. Voraze is used to treat fungal infections of the lungs that spread into the blood stream (invasive aspergillosis). Voraze is also used for of the mouth and, food pipe and throat that results in patching of the skin (esophageal candidiasis). Voraze is used for yeast infections of the skin, stomach, kidney, bladder, and wounds. Voraze is used to treat fungal infection due to Candida sp in non-neutropenic patients (patients without abnormally low white blood cell count), in serious fluconazole-resistant fungal infections due to Candida sp (including C. krusei) and in serious fungal infections caused by Scedosporium sp. or Fusarium sp. (two different species of fungi). It may also be used in life threatening and severe advancing fungal infections
Yes, Voraze is dialyzable
The price of Voraze may vary depending upon the brand prescribed to you.Please read the instruction on the package for the correct price of the product.