food interaction for VISKEN
alcohol interaction for VISKEN
pregnancy interaction for VISKEN
lactation interaction for VISKEN
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for VISKEN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for VISKENNo substitutes found
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for VISKEN
- Pindolol may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- The Pindolol may affect your blood sugar and cover up the symptoms of low blood sugar if you have diabetes.
- Pindolol may reduce blood flow to your hands and feet, causing them to feel cold. Smoking may worsen this effect. Dress warmly and avoid the use of tobacco.
- Consult your doctor whether to continue Pindolol before any scheduled surgery.
- It is not the first-choice treatment for high blood pressure according to the latest guidelines, except if you have a heart failure or heart disease.
- Adults over the age of 65 may be at greater risk for the side-effects.
Frequently asked questions for VISKEN
Q.Does pindolol cause weight gain/depression/ increase heart rate?
Pindolol may cause weight gain; however it is not known to cause depression or increase heart rate. Please consult your doctor if you experience such side effects
Q.How does pindolol improve antidepressant action?
Pindolol improves antidepressant action by accelerating or enhancing the effects of antidepressant drugs.