Substitutes for VISKEN
No substitutes found for this medicine
Medicine Overview of VISKEN TABLET
Side effects of VISKEN TABLET
Nausea, Headache, Fatigue, Dizziness, Palpitations, Abdominal pain, Diarrhoea, Constipation, Slow heart rate, Breathlessness.
How to use VISKEN TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Visken 10mg tablet at a fixed time.
How VISKEN TABLET works
Visken 10mg tablet blocks the action of certain chemical messengers on the heart and blood vessels. This effect reduces heartbeat, blood pressure, and strain on the heart following a heart attack.
In Depth Information on VISKEN TABLET
Expert advice for VISKEN TABLET
- Pindolol may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- The Pindolol may affect your blood sugar and cover up the symptoms of low blood sugar if you have diabetes.
- Pindolol may reduce blood flow to your hands and feet, causing them to feel cold. Smoking may worsen this effect. Dress warmly and avoid the use of tobacco.
- Consult your doctor whether to continue Pindolol before any scheduled surgery.
- It is not the first-choice treatment for high blood pressure according to the latest guidelines, except if you have a heart failure or heart disease.
- Adults over the age of 65 may be at greater risk for the side-effects.
Special precautions for VISKEN 10MG TABLET
Taking Pindolol with alcohol may have additive effects in lo+more
wering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate....
Visken 10mg tablet is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
There is no interaction between renal impairment and consumi+more
ng this drug. So dose alteration is not needed....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
FORXIGA 5MG TABLET, FORXIGA 10MG TABLET, GLI 2MG TABLET, ZITA PLUS 20MG TABLET
If you miss a dose of Pindolol, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for VISKEN 10MG TABLET
Frequently asked questions for Pindolol
Q. Does pindolol cause weight gain/depression/ increase heart rate?
Pindolol may cause weight gain; however it is not known to cause depression or increase heart rate. Please consult your doctor if you experience such side effects
Q. How does pindolol improve antidepressant action?
Pindolol improves antidepressant action by accelerating or enhancing the effects of antidepressant drugs.