Information about Chlorpromazine
Chlorpromazine is used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
How Chlorpromazine works
Chlorpromazine is a typical antipsychotic. It works by blocking the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger in the brain that affects thoughts and mood.
Common side effects of Chlorpromazine
Sleepiness, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Dryness in mouth, Abnormality of voluntary movements, Weight gain, Increased prolactin level in blood, Urinary retention, Constipation, Muscle stiffness, Tremor
Available Medicine for Chlorpromazine
CPZA N Pharmacia
₹3 to ₹96 variant(s)
₹14 to ₹222 variant(s)
PromElikem Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹6 to ₹92 variant(s)
₹6 to ₹133 variant(s)
OstilOsho Pharma Pvt Ltd
₹3 to ₹73 variant(s)
SalichlorOrchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹4 to ₹62 variant(s)
PromexyGujarat Terce Laboratories Ltd
Expert advice for Chlorpromazine
- Take it at night to avoid feeling sleepy during the day.
- Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how Chlorpromazine affects you.
- To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking Chlorpromazine as it can cause serious breathing problems.
- Inform your doctor if you notice involuntary muscle movements.
- Monitor your weight during the treatment as Chlorpromazine can cause weight gain.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.