food interaction for VELAX
alcohol interaction for VELAX
pregnancy interaction for VELAX
lactation interaction for VELAX
medicine interaction for VELAX
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR VELAX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR VELAX
- VENLA XR 75 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 6.60/tabletRs. 66pay 6% more per tablet
- VENLA 75 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 9.47/tabletRs. 94.73pay 53% more per tablet
- VENLOR 75 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 6.69/tabletRs. 66.88pay 8% more per tablet
- FLAVIX 75MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Wockhardt LtdRs. 8.02/tabletRs. 80.16pay 29% more per tablet
- VENLIFT 75 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 8.20/tabletRs. 82.03pay 32% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR VELAX
- Take Venlafaxine only as directed by your doctor. Do not take it more often or for a longer period of time.
- You may have to take Venlafaxine at least for 4 weeks or longer before you begin to feel better.
- Do not discontinue the use of Venlafaxine, unless the doctor has advised you. This may increase the chances of side effects.
- Venlafaxine should be taken with food to minimize the chances of an upset stomach.
- Avoid driving after taking
as it may cause drowsiness, blurred vision, dizziness and confusion.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Venlafaxine, it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- Venlafaxine may cause a higher risk of suicidal thoughts and behaviour changes.
- Venlafaxine causes sleepiness, so it's good for people who have trouble sleeping (insomnia).
Frequently asked questions FOR VELAX
Q. Is venlafaxine an SSRI/MAOI/narcotic/ antipsychotic/ sedating/benzodiazepine?
Venlafaxine is an antidepressant drug. In animal studies, it is found to have serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) activity. It is not a narcotic/ antipsychotic/ sedating/ benzodiazepine
Q. Is venlafaxine safe?
Venlafaxine is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor for a particular disease condition
Q. Is venlafaxine the same as Effexor?
Yes, Effexor is a brand name of drug containing venlafaxine
Q. Can I take Effexor/venlafaxine forever?
No, patient should take Effexor/venlafaxine for prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Can I take Effexor (venlafaxine) with Mucinex (guaifenesin)?
Taking Effexor (venlafaxine) with Mucinex (guaifenesin) does not cause any harmful effects. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Can I take venlafaxine or Effexor with Xanax (alprazolam)/diazepam/ mirtazapine/ tramadol/ hydrocodone/ Wellbutrin (bupropion)?
Taking Effexor (venlafaxine) with Xanax (alprazolam)/ diazepam/ mirtazapine/ tramadol/ hydrocodone/ Wellbutrin (bupropion) may cause harmful effects such as fits, dizziness, and serotonin syndrome. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Does venlafaxine contain MAOI?
No, it does not contain monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs)
Q. Does venlafaxine affect birth control/ affect libido/ cause memory loss?
These side effects are observed with venlafaxine use. Consult your doctor if you experience one or more such symptoms
Q. Does venlafaxine help with anxiety/ pain/to lose weight?
Venlafaxine is used to treat major depressive episodes and to prevent recurrence of such episodes. Its use in anxiety, pain and to lose weight is not established. Please follow doctor's advice regarding its use.