Information about Linezolid
Linezolid is used in the treatment of serious bacterial infections. It is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of lungs (Pneumonia), and some infections in or under the skin.
How linezolid works
Linezolid is an antibiotic. It stops the bacterial growth by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, which are required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of linezolid
Diarrhoea, Headache, Nausea, Vomiting
Available Medicine for Linezolid
- ₹313 to ₹383Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹115 to ₹318Mankind Pharma Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹347 to ₹478Zydus Cadila3 variant(s)
- ₹335 to ₹430Unichem Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹218 to ₹463Cipla Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹112 to ₹358Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹116 to ₹336Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹134 to ₹385Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹116 to ₹336Aglowmed Drugs Pvt. Ltd.4 variant(s)
- ₹250 to ₹350Hetero Drugs Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Linezolid
- Your doctor has prescribed Linezolid to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- It is better to take with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Notify your doctor if you're taking depression medications before you start taking Linezolid.
- Avoid high amounts of cheese, alcohol, or soy sauce when taking Linezolid because it can raise your blood pressure to a dangerous level.