Information about Linezolid
Linezolid is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How linezolid works
Linezolid is an antibiotic. It stops the bacterial growth by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, which are required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of linezolid
Nausea, Headache, Vomiting, Diarrhoea, Anemia
Available Medicine for Linezolid
- ₹115 to ₹289Mankind Pharma Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹335 to ₹435Zydus Cadila3 variant(s)
- ₹303Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹328 to ₹430Unichem Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹218 to ₹412Cipla Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹104 to ₹358Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹116 to ₹329Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹128 to ₹385Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹250 to ₹350Hetero Drugs Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹203 to ₹425Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Linezolid
- Do not take the medicine, if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine.
- Do not eat or have foods such as aged cheese or meat, soy sauce, pickled, fermented or smoked meat, sauerkraut, tap beer or red wine which may contain tyramine that might react with your drug.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not use linezolid, if you have taken a drug called MAO inhibitor ( like isocarboxazid, methylene blue injection, phenelzine, rasagiline, selegiline, and tranylcypromine )in the past 14 days. A dangerous drug interaction could occur.
Frequently asked questions for Linezolid
Q. What does hyoscine treat ?
Hyoscine is used for treating motion sickness
Q. How does it work?
It is also used for relief from spasm in the genito-urinary tract, gastro-intestinal tract as well as during irritable bowel syndrome (IBD). Hyoscine acts by relaxing the smooth muscles and by inhibiting secretions in the lining of the gastro-intestinal tract
Q. Is hyoscine the same as scopolamine?
Scopolamine is the brand name of hyoscine
Q. Is it an anti-histamine?
It is not an anti-histamine
Q. Can I take paracetamol/ibuprofen/painkillers with hyoscine?
Hyoscine is not known to interact with paracetamol/ibuprofen/painkillers.Drugs are known to interact with each other and cause adverse effects.Any drug used in combination with hyoscine should be as per the doctor's advice
Q. Does hyoscine cause drowsiness or relieve nausea?
Hyoscine is known to relieve nausea and may cause drowsiness as a side effect.