Information about Linezolid
Linezolid is used in the treatment of severe bacterial infections. It is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of lungs (Pneumonia), skin & soft tissues.
How Linezolid works
Linezolid is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of Linezolid
Diarrhea, Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Decreased blood cells (red cells, white cells, and platelets)
Available Medicine for Linezolid
LizolidIntegrace Pvt Ltd
₹333 to ₹3822 variant(s)
₹368 to ₹5553 variant(s)
LizoforceMankind Pharma Ltd
₹115 to ₹3843 variant(s)
LinoxTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹357 to ₹4964 variant(s)
₹239 to ₹4634 variant(s)
LizomacMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹116 to ₹3684 variant(s)
MegazolidAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹117 to ₹3753 variant(s)
₹147 to ₹5102 variant(s)
LinezoxClaris Lifesciences Ltd
LizomedAglowmed Drugs Pvt. Ltd.
₹116 to ₹3484 variant(s)
Expert advice for Linezolid
- Linezolid treats serious infections caused by certain types of bacteria.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Avoid taking excessive cheese, processed meats, alcohol, or soy sauce while taking this medication as these may cause an excessive rise in your blood pressure.
- Inform your doctor if you develop fever, shortness of breath, or any changes in your vision.
- Do not take it for more than 14 days without consulting your doctor.