Medicine Overview of Vascium Injection
Uses of Vascium Injection
Vascium 18mg Injection is used in the treatment of heart attack.
Side effects of Vascium Injection
Nausea, Vomiting, Decreased blood pressure, Injection site bleeding.
How to use Vascium Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Vascium Injection works
Vascium 18mg injection works by dissolving the harmful blood clots in the blood vessels. This allows reperfusion of affected tissue, preventing tissue death and improving outcomes.
In Depth Information on Vascium Injection
Expert advice for Vascium Injection
- Consult your doctor if you are suffering from any of the following: cerebrovascular disease, high blood pressure, gastrointestinal or genitourinary bleeding within 10 days, narrowing of the valves on the left side of the heart (mitral stenosis) with fast uncontrolled heartbeat (atrial fibrillation), inflammation of a vein caused by a blood clot (septic thrombophlebitis) or occluded arteriovenous cannula at seriously infected site.
- You will be carefully evaluated for bleeding risk during treatment with reteplase.
- Seek immediate medical advice if you feel palpitations or an irregular heartbeat after the administration of reteplase.
- Take necessary precautions if your age is over 75 years as you are at high risk of bleeding.
- Do not take reteplase along with heparin.
- Stop taking reteplase and seek immediate medical attention if you develop severe allergic reaction.
- Use of reteplase is not recommended in children.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Vascium 18mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Vascium 18mg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Vascium 18mg Injection should be used with caution during la+more
ctation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Not relevant, as Vascium 18mg Injection is intended for use in hospitalised patients.
Vascium 18mg Injection is safe to use in patients with kidne+more
y disease. No dose adjustment of Vascium 18mg Injection is recommended....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Vascium 18mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Reteplase
Vascium is used to improve heart function and prevent congestive heart failure or death in people who have had a heart attack
Vascium belongs to class of medicines called thrombolytics
Vascium works by dissolving the blood clots (splitting of endogenous plasminogen to plasmin).