food interaction for VALZAAR
alcohol interaction for VALZAAR
pregnancy interaction for VALZAAR
lactation interaction for VALZAAR
medicine interaction for VALZAAR
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR VALZAAR
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR VALZAAR 160 MG TABLET
Patients taking VALZAAR 160 MG TABLET
- 86%Once A Day
- 14%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR VALZAAR
Expert advice FOR VALZAAR
- Valsartan may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, take the Valsartan at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving, if you feel dizzy after consuming Valsartan.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Valsartan should be discontinued a day prior to the scheduled surgery.
Frequently asked questions FOR VALZAAR
Q. Is valsartan an ace inhibitor, beta blocker, statin, blood thinner, or ARB?
Valsartan is not an ace inhibitor, beta blocker, statin, or blood thinner drug. It is an angiotensin-II receptor blocker (ARB)
Q. Is valsartan the same as Diovan?
Yes, Diovan is the brand name for valsartan
Q. Is valsartan generic?
Yes, valsartan is a generic drug
Q. Can I take valsartan with Tylenol (acetaminophen), Viagra (sildenafil), Advil (ibuprofen) or amlodipine?
Valsartan should not be given with Advil. It is not reported to interact with Tylenol, Viagra, or amlodipine. Please follow the advice of the doctor regarding their simultaneous use
Q. Does valsartan cause weight gain, cough, dry mouth, insomnia, itching, hair loss, erectile dysfunction (ED), or lower heart rate?
Valsartan may cause cough, weight gain, erectile dysfunction, or lower heart rate. It generally not been shown to cause dry mouth, insomnia, itching, or hair loss. Please consult your doctor if you experience these side effects
Q. Is valsartan safe?
Valsartan is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.