Medicine Overview of Trikosul Tablet
Uses of Trikosul Tablet
Trikosul 50mg Tablet is used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
Side effects of Trikosul Tablet
Nausea, Vomiting, Dry mouth, Constipation, Weight gain, Decreased blood pressure, Dystonia, Akathisia, Parkinsonism, Increased prolactin level in blood.
How to use Trikosul Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Trikosul 50mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
How Trikosul Tablet works
Trikosul 50mg Tablet is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affect thoughts.
In Depth Information on Trikosul Tablet
Expert advice for Trikosul Tablet
- Inform your doctor if you have kidney disease, have ever had fits (epileptic seizures), Parkinson’s disease, or suffering from dementia.
- Inform your doctor if you have/have a family history of heart disease, uneven heart rate, slow heartbeat, heart disease/condition called prolonged QT interval, stroke, diabetes, blood clots, low levels of potassium in blood, low levels of white blood cells in blood (agranulocytosis).
- Do not drive or operate machinery as amisulpride can cause drowsiness.
- Do not consume alcohol while on this treatment as it may worsen the side effects.
- Do not stop amisulpride suddenly as it may increase the side effects.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you observe any of these symptoms: severe allergic reaction (with rash, itchy skin, swollen face, tongue or other body parts); blood clots; fit (seizure).
- Tell your doctor if you are or are planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
Special precautions for Trikosul 50mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Trikosul 50mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Trikosul 50mg Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactati+more
on. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
You may feel less alert, drowsy or sleepy while taking this medicine. This may affect your driving ability....
You may feel less alert, drowsy or sleepy while taking this medicine. This may affect your driving ability.
Trikosul 50mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Trikosul 50mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Trikosul 50mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease....
Use of Trikosul 50mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Trikosul 50mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients wit+more
h liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Trikosul 50mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Itragreat 100mg Capsule, Flutis 150mg Tablet, Onecan 400mg Tablet, Adamon 100mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Trikosul 50mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Amisulpride
Trikosul is not addictive. However do follow your doctor’s instructions about dosage and duration of this treatment. It is not a controlled drug
Yes. Trikosul is an atypical antipsychotic
Trikosul is known to cause weight gain. Consult your doctor if you observe weight gain after taking Trikosul
It may take several weeks for a patient to get benefited from Trikosul treatment. Consult your doctor if you observe no improvement in your symptoms after six to eight weeks of treatment.
Substitutes for Trikosul Tablet
Psytas 50mg Tablet
Tas Med India Pvt Ltd
Skizotus 50mg Tablet
Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Cizorest 50mg Tablet
Amival 50mg Tablet
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Amipride 50mg Tablet