food interaction for TORSINEX
alcohol interaction for TORSINEX
pregnancy interaction for TORSINEX
lactation interaction for TORSINEX
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TORSINEX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for TORSINEX
- DYTOR 10 MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Cipla LtdRs. 7/ML of injectionRs. 14save 20% more per ML of injection
- TORESA INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Abbott India LtdRs. 10/ML of injectionRs. 20pay 14% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
Expert advice for TORSINEX
- Inform your doctor about the other medications that you are taking, especially if they are drugs for controlling blood pressure or diabetes, or if you are taking corticosteroids.
- Continue taking the medicine even if you start feeling well. Do not stop taking the drug without consulting your doctor.
- Check your blood pressure one week after starting the drug and consult your doctor if it has not improved.
- Do not take torasemide if you are allergic to it or to drugs of the sulfonylurea class used to treat diabetes (e.g. glibenclamide, glipizide).
- Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated during exercise and in hot weather.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Frequently asked questions for TORSINEX
Q.What is Dytor and what is it used for?
Dytor (Torasemide) is a drug from “Loop diuretic” class which is used to manage high blood pressure, swelling in the body (edema), especially in liver, kidney or heart failure
Q.Is torasemide safe?
Torasemide is a relatively safe drug if used in prescribed dose and for prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Does torasemide have any serious side effects?
Torasemide is known to cause liver toxicity and increase in blood urea, creatinine and cholesterol values in rare cases.