Information about Aliskiren
Aliskiren is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure). Decreasing high blood pressure lowers the risk of heart attack and stroke.
How Aliskiren works
Aliskiren is a direct renin inhibitor. It works by relaxing blood vessels which lower blood pressure and allows the heart to pump more efficiently.
Common side effects of Aliskiren
Diarrhea, Dizziness, Joint pain, Increased potassium level in blood
Expert advice for Aliskiren
- For better results, take it at the same time every day.
- It may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid alcohol while taking Aliskiren as it may increase dizziness.
- Notify your doctor if you have rapid swelling of the lips, tongue, and throat that may cause breathing problem.
- Notify your doctor if you have any kidney problem.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.