Information about Aliskiren
Aliskiren is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure). Decreasing high blood pressure lowers the risk of heart attack and stroke.
How aliskiren works
Aliskiren is a direct renin inhibitor. It works by relaxing blood vessels which lower blood pressure and allows the heart to pump more efficiently.
Common side effects of aliskiren
Diarrhea, Dizziness, Joint pain, Increased potassium level in blood
Available Medicine for Aliskiren
- ₹342 to ₹409Novartis India Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Aliskiren
- For better results, take it at the same time every day.
- It may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid alcohol while taking Aliskiren as it may increase dizziness.
- Notify your doctor if you have rapid swelling of the lips, tongue, and throat that may cause breathing problem.
- Notify your doctor if you have any kidney problem.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Aliskiren
Q. Does high blood pressure need to be treated?
When the blood pressure is high, the heart has to work harder to pump blood throughout the body, which causes damage to the blood vessels. If high blood pressure is not treated, it can lead to stroke, heart attack, heart failure, kidney failure, and vision problems.
Q. Is aliskiren an ACE inhibitor?
No aliskiren is not an ACE inhibitor. It is a renin inhibitor
Q. Is aliskiren safe and approved by the FDA?
Yes aliskiren is approved by the FDA. It is safe when taken at a dosage and duration prescribed by the doctor
Q. How does aliskiren reduce blood pressure/ work?
Aliskiren prevents the release of substances which tighten the blood vessels and helping them relax, thereby reducing the blood pressure
Q. What is aliskiren fumarate?
Aliskiren fumarate is a salt form of aliskiren which is used for treating high blood pressure
Q. Does aliskiren reduce blood pressure?
Yes aliskiren reduces blood pressure
Q. Does it cause hair loss?
It is usually not known to cause hair loss. If any such side effect is observed, please consult your doctor
Q. Does metformin, lisinopril or amlodipine contain aliskiren?
No. Aliskiren is not present in metformin, lisinopril or amlodipine.