Medicine Overview of Tolvasca Tablet
Uses of Tolvasca Tablet
Tolvasca 30 Tablet is used in the treatment of syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion (SIADH).
Side effects of Tolvasca Tablet
Headache, Dizziness, Frequent urge to urinate, Nocturia (increased urge to urinate during the night), Dry mouth, Fatigue, Polyuria, Diarrhoea, Increased thirst.
How to use Tolvasca Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Tolvasca 30 Tablet at a fixed time.
How Tolvasca Tablet works
Tolvasca 30 tablet increases the frequency of urine which, in turn, increases the amount of water released from the body. Removing fluid from the body helps to maintain the level of sodium in the blood.
In Depth Information on Tolvasca Tablet
Expert advice for Tolvasca Tablet
- Do not eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice while taking this medication. If you stop taking tolvaptan for any length of time, do not start taking it again at home. You will need to be in a hospital under observation any time you start or restart treatment with tolvaptan.
- Consult your doctor immediately if you have any of these signs: problems with speech or muscle control, trouble swallowing, trouble moving your arms and legs, mood changes, and seizure (convulsions).
- if you are allergic to tolvaptan, or to any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- if your kidneys do not work (no urine production).
- if you have a condition which increases the salt in your blood (“hypernatraemia”).
- if you have a condition which is associated with a very low blood volume.
- if you do not realise when you are thirsty.
- if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- if you cannot drink enough water or if you are fluid restricted.
- if you have difficulties in urination or have an enlarged prostate.
- if you suffer from liver disease.
- if you have diabetes.
Special precautions for Tolvasca 30 Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Tolvasca 30 Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Tolvasca 30 Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactation+more
. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Tolvasca 30 Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, o+more
r decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Tolvasca 30 Tablet is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Tolvasca 30 Tablet is recommended.+more
However, the use of Tolvasca 30 Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease....
However, the use of Tolvasca 30 Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Tolvasca 30 Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Tolvasca 30 Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Tolvasca 30 Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease....
Use of Tolvasca 30 Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease.
If you miss a dose of Tolvaptan, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Tolvasca 30mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Tolvaptan
Q. Is tolvaptan / samsca a diuretic?
Samscais brand name of tolvaptan and it is a diuretic
Yes. Recently it is found that Tolvasca can slow the development and progression of polycystic kidney disease in animal models.
User Submitted Feedback For Tolvasca 30mg Tablet
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
How do you take this medicine?
With or without food
How much was the improvement?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
Substitutes for Tolvasca Tablet
Tolvamac 30mg Tablet
Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Tolsama 30mg Tablet
Shiokem 30mg Tablet
Alkem Laboratories Ltd
Tolvat 30mg Tablet
Natrise 30mg Tablet
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd