Medicine Overview of Tolvamac Tablet
Tolvamac 30mg Tablet is used in the treatment of syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion (SIADH).
Headache, Dizziness, Frequent urge to urinate, Nocturia (increased urge to urinate during the night), Dryness in mouth, Fatigue, Polyuria, Diarrhoea, Increased thirst.
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Tolvamac 30mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
Tolvamac 30mg Tablet increases the frequency of urine which, in turn, increases the amount of water released from the body. Removing fluid from the body helps to maintain the level of sodium in the blood.
In Depth Information on Tolvamac Tablet
- Do not eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice while taking this medication. If you stop taking tolvaptan for any length of time, do not start taking it again at home. You will need to be in a hospital under observation any time you start or restart treatment with tolvaptan.
- Consult your doctor immediately if you have any of these signs: problems with speech or muscle control, trouble swallowing, trouble moving your arms and legs, mood changes, and seizure (convulsions).
Do not start or continue tolvaptan:
- if you are allergic to tolvaptan, or to any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- if your kidneys do not work (no urine production).
- if you have a condition which increases the salt in your blood (“hypernatraemia”).
- if you have a condition which is associated with a very low blood volume.
- if you do not realise when you are thirsty.
- if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Talk with your doctor before taking tolvaptan:
- if you cannot drink enough water or if you are fluid restricted.
- if you have difficulties in urination or have an enlarged prostate.
- if you suffer from liver disease.
- if you have diabetes.
Tolvamac Tablet related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Tolvamac 30mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Tolvamac 30mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
Tolvamac 30mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.
Tolvamac 30mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Tolvamac 30mg Tablet is recommended.
However, the use of Tolvamac 30mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Tolvamac 30mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Tolvamac 30mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Use of Tolvamac 30mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease.
If you miss a dose of Tolvamac 30mg Tablet, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Tolvamac 30mg Tablet: PLT, OLT, AGT, MSD, SWP, MPC, PNT, BBS, TNH, GBL, DPP, SWA, NNH, HPC, RSS, DDR, RKS, SCH, STA, DLP, ADT, SRG, MAX, MOM, CLT, ZVP, BMJ, SHD, JMJ, BIO, OIP, IPL, ENP, INC, SVH, OHM, RUS, SYN, WSI, TRP, JIV, AYU, RWP, GTC, GNC, PVP, AAY, EMB, SAT, HGI, ATL, SAF, RPP, NDP, SDM, BTM, PTI, HBV, TOM, NSL, VRS, HMP, WHL, RHW, ANT, HAT, LHA, SSA, SBA, RJH, MDO, ABP, BSN, PEN, MAK, 9T9, JVO, KHH, FGH, RHL, THP, DYG, ARD, GPT, OWP, BAL, ZEL, GPP, SBL, HIP, PPR, NWP, BHP, DPL, PRN, LCC, AVN, IAD, NVY, GTK, MLC, DHR, UMP, PWN, AMR, NVL, RSA, USF, ATP, SJP, SHP, NXG, NTB, DFP, MAM, HEX, MMS, SGC, JVN, DGN, AAR, BDN, EQN