food interaction for TLET
alcohol interaction for TLET
pregnancy interaction for TLET
lactation interaction for TLET
medicine interaction for TLET
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR TLET
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR TLET
- TELMA 80 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9.80/tabletRs. 146.95pay 13% more per tablet
- TAZLOC 80 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)USV LtdRs. 9.80/tabletRs. 97.97pay 13% more per tablet
- TELSARTAN 80 TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 9.80/tabletRs. 97.97pay 13% more per tablet
- TELDAY 80 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9.80/tabletRs. 97.96pay 13% more per tablet
- TELVAS 80 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 8.75/tabletRs. 87.55pay 1% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR TLET
- Telmisartan may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, take the Telmisartan at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving, if you feel dizzy after consuming Telmisartan.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Telmisartan should be discontinued a day prior to the scheduled surgery.
Frequently asked questions FOR TLET
Q. Is telmisartan safe?
Telmisartan is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. What is telmisartan used for?
Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker that blocks the activity of angiotensin II responsible for narrowing of the blood vessels. It relaxes the blood vessels; thereby lowering blood pressure
Q. Is telmisartan a blood thinner, ACE inhibitor, diuretic or a beta-locker?
Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker, not a blood thinner, ACE inhibitor, diuretic, or a beta-blocker
Q. Is telmisartan a generic?
Yes, telmisartan is a generic drug sold under several pharmaceutical brand names (Micardis, Telma, Telmate, Tazloc, Telsartan-h, etc.)
Q. Is telmisartan better than losartan or olmesartan?
Although all the three drugs have shown to be effective against the approved indications, but their effect may vary upon individual response.