food interaction for TELEKAST
alcohol interaction for TELEKAST
pregnancy interaction for TELEKAST
lactation interaction for TELEKAST
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TELEKAST
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for TELEKAST 4MG TABLET
Patients taking TELEKAST 4MG TABLET
- 100%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for TELEKAST
- MONTAIR 4 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 7.60/tabletRs. 76pay 6% more per tablet
- SINGULAIR 4 MG TABLET(7 tablets in strip)MSD Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 13.07/tabletRs. 91.50pay 83% more per tablet
- ROMILAST 4 MG TABLET(15 tablet in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 8.07/tabletRs. 121pay 13% more per tablet
- LASMA-4 TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Apex Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 6.40/tabletRs. 64save 10% more per tablet
- GLEMONT 4 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 6.54/tabletRs. 65.42save 9% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for TELEKAST
- Do not take montelukast if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to montelukast or any of the other ingredients of montelukast.
- Contact your doctor, if your asthma or breathing gets worse.
- Montelukast is not meant to treat asthma attacks of short duration. If an attack occurs, it is advisable to always have your inhaled rescue medicine with you.
- Take asthma medications prescribed only by doctor. Montelukast should not be substituted for other asthma medications your doctor has prescribed for you.
- Consult your doctor if you get symptoms of flu-like illness, pins and needles or numbness of arms or legs, worsening of respiratory symptoms, and/or rash.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Frequently asked questions for TELEKAST
Q.What are the uses of montelukast/ Montek Lc/ Romilast?
Montelukast (also available as Montek Lc/ Romilast) is used to prevent and treat asthma, seasonal allergies (hay fever), and prevent exercise-induced asthma
Q.Is montelukast steroid/antibiotic?
No. Monteleukast is an leukotriene receptor antagonist which is used as an anti-asthmatic drugs
Q.Is montelukast harmful?
Montelukast is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is montelukast gluten free?
Montelukast is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use.