Information about Rifampicin
Rifampicin is used in the treatment of tuberculosis and leprosy.
How Rifampicin works
Rifampicin is an antibiotic. It works by inactivating a bacterial enzyme (RNA-polymerase) which is required by bacteria to make essential proteins and to reproduce.
Common side effects of Rifampicin
Low blood platelets, Headache, Dizziness, Vomiting, Nausea, Fever, Chills, Abnormal liver function tests
Available Medicine for Rifampicin
₹21 to ₹855 variant(s)
CoxidAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
RifampilaAlbert David Ltd
₹5 to ₹603 variant(s)
RifaceptConcept Pharmaceuticals Ltd
MonocinOverseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹14 to ₹515 variant(s)
MontomycinShreya Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
RifacureVostok & Wilcure Remedies
ToscularTOSC International Pvt Ltd
CarPan Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Expert advice for Rifampicin
- Your doctor has prescribed Rifampicin to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- It is best taken on an empty stomach. If you get an upset stomach, try taking it with small portions of food.
- Your urine, tears and other secretions may become orange-red in colour. Avoid using contact lenses since they may become discolored.
- Tell your doctor about all other medicines you are taking as Rifampicin can interact with many medicines.
- Avoid taking hormone-based birth control methods as Rifampicin may decrease their effectiveness.
- Tell your doctor immediately if you experience unusual tiredness or loss of appetite, fever or chills.