food interaction for TANATRIL
alcohol interaction for TANATRIL
pregnancy interaction for TANATRIL
lactation interaction for TANATRIL
medicine interaction for TANATRIL
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR TANATRIL
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR TANATRILNo substitutes found
Expert advice FOR TANATRIL
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant during the administration of this medicine.
- Notify the doctor if you have signs of recurrent infections (sore throat, chills, fever), these may be signs of neutropenia (unusually low number of cells called neutrophils, a type of white blood cells).
- Imidapril should be discontinued a day prior to any surgery.
- Notify your doctor if you have rapid swelling of the lips, tongue, and throat that may affect breathing. This may occur in 1 out of 100 patients taking the Imidapril.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
- A persistent dry cough is common with Imidapril. Notify the doctor if the cough becomes bothersome. Do not take any cough medicines.
- Imidapril may cause dizziness in the first few days of starting the treatment, especially after the first dose. To avoid this, take the Imidapril at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving if you feel dizzy after consuming Imidapril.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
Frequently asked questions FOR TANATRIL
Q. What is imidapril HCL?
Imidapril hydrochloride is an antihypertensive drug that belongs to a class of medications called angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors. It is used alone or in combination with other medications to treat high blood pressure (hypertension).