Information about Imidapril
Imidapril is used in the treatment of high blood pressure. It lowers the risk of heart attack and stroke.
How imidapril works
Imidapril is an angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor. It works by reducing stress on the heart and relaxing blood vessel so that blood flows more smoothly and the heart can pump blood more efficiently.
Common side effects of imidapril
Decreased blood pressure, Cough, Increased potassium level in blood, Fatigue, Weakness, Dizziness, Renal impairment
Available Medicine for Imidapril
- ₹87 to ₹150Elder Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Imidapril
- You may get a dry cough while using Imidapril. Report to your doctor if there is a persistent cough.
- Imidapril may cause the level of potassium in blood to go up. Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you have rapid swelling of the lips, tongue, and throat that may affect breathing.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- You shouldn’t take Imidapril if you’re pregnant or plan to become pregnant. Imidapril may cause birth defects or be fatal to your unborn baby.
Frequently asked questions for Imidapril
Q. What is Imidapril HCL?
Imidapril hydrochloride is an antihypertensive drug that belongs to a class of medications called angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors. It is used alone or in combination with other medications to treat high blood pressure (hypertension).