Medicine Overview of Sufital Tablet
Uses of Sufital Tablet
Sufital 250mg Tablet is used in alcohol dependence.
Side effects of Sufital Tablet
Headache, Dizziness, Weakness, Skin rash, Metallic taste, Restlessness, Gastrointestinal disturbance, Tremor.
How to use Sufital Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Sufital 250mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Sufital Tablet works
Sufital 250mg tablet blocks the chemical which breaks the converted form of alcohol in the body. This leads to an increased level of converted form of alcohol in the body causing bad physical features while drinking alcohol.
In Depth Information on Sufital Tablet
Expert advice for Sufital Tablet
- Do not consume alcohol during the treatment and for up to 14 days after discontinuation.
- Disulfiram may cause drowsiness or tiredness. Do not drive or operate machinery if you are affected.
- Avoid taking disulfiram if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or you are breast feeding.
- Before you take disulfiram inform your doctor about all the prescription, non-prescription, and herbal medicines you are or were taking.
- Patients who are receiving or have recently received, alcohol, or alcohol-containing preparations, such as cough syrups, tonics and the like, should not take disulfiram, If you drink alcohol during or within 2 weeks of stopping disulfiram a serious and potentially life threatening reaction may occur along with severe symptoms such as flushing of the face and neck, increased body temperature, sweating, urge to vomit (nausea) vomiting, itchy skin or rash caused by an allergic reaction (pruritus, urticaria) anxiety, dizziness, headache, blurred vision, difficulty breathing, palpitations, rapid breathing, rapid heartbeat, low blood pressure, abnormally slow breathing, chest pain, abnormal heart rhythm, coma or fits may occur.
- Consult your doctor immediately if you suddenly experience any of these symptoms after stopping the treatment with disulfiram.
Special precautions for Sufital 250mg Tablet
Sufital 250mg Tablet may cause symptoms such as flushing, in+more
creased heartbeat, nausea, thirst, chest pain and low blood pressure with alcohol (Disulfiram reactions)....
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Sufital 250mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Sufital 250mg Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactati+more
on. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Sufital 250mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired,+more
or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
There is limited information available on the use of Sufital+more
250mg Tablet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Epsolin 50mg/2ml Injection, Mezolam 7.5mg Injection, Medzol 1mg Injection, Anzilum 0.5mg Tablet
If you miss a dose of Disulfiram, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Sufital 250mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Disulfiram
Yes, Sufital is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration in a hospital or specialized clinic as advised by your special doctor
No, Sufital is not an over-the-counter medicine. Sufital treatment for alcohol withdrawal should be initiated only in a hospital or specialized clinic and by experienced doctors only. Patients should follow advice of the doctor regarding its use
No, Sufital is not a sulfa drug
No, Sufital is not benzodiazepine
Sufital is an aldehyde dehydrogenase inhibitor. It works by blocking the processing of alcohol in the body causing unpleasant feeling leading to alcohol withdrawal
No, Sufital is not a controlled drug
No, Sufital is not addictive. It is used to treat alcohol addiction and chronic alcoholism
Sufital prices may vary depending on the brand. Refer to the packaging for the price
Yes, Sufital works. Sufital is an aldehyde dehydrogenase inhibitor. It works by blocking the processing of alcohol in the body causing unpleasant feeling leading to alcohol withdrawal
Sufital works for chronic alcoholics who are cooperative and willing to give up alcoholism. Patients should follow advice of the doctor regarding its use
Sufital blocks the processing of alcohol in the body causing unpleasant feeling due to these unpleasant episodes, alcoholics abstain from alcohol Therefore, patients may avoid consuming alcohol to avoid unpleasant reactions upon consuming alcohol even days after stopping Sufital. It may not have any direct effects on cravings
Yes, Sufital works on alcohol withdrawal as soon as you start the treatment
Sufital.alcohol reaction characterized by flushing, increased body temperature, sweating, urge to vomit (nausea), vomiting, itching of skin (pruritus), pale red, raised, itchy skin rash (urticaria), anxiety, dizziness, headache, blurred vision, breathlessness (dyspnea), rapid heartbeat (palpitations) and hyperventilation.
Substitutes for Sufital Tablet
Dizone 250mg Tablet
Ozone Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Esperal 250mg Tablet
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Firam 250mg Tablet
Tripada Healthcare Pvt Ltd
Soberol 250mg Tablet
Consern Pharma P Ltd
Disulfiram 250mg Tablet
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd