food interaction for SOTALAR
alcohol interaction for SOTALAR
pregnancy interaction for SOTALAR
lactation interaction for SOTALAR
medicine interaction for SOTALAR
Avoid Sotalar 40 mg tablet with caffeine and chocolate as well as food containing caffeine and chocolate such as tea leaves, cocoa beans.
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR SOTALAR
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR SOTALAR 40 MG TABLET
Patients taking SOTALAR 40 MG TABLET
- 52%Twice A Day
- 43%Once A Day
- 5%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR SOTALAR
- SOLET 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Samarth Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 9/tabletRs. 90pay 18% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR SOTALAR
- Sotalol may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- The Sotalol may affect your blood sugar and cover up the symptoms of low blood sugar if you have diabetes.
- Sotalol may reduce blood flow to your hands and feet, causing them to feel cold. Smoking may worsen this effect. Dress warmly and avoid the use of tobacco.
- Consult your doctor whether to continue Sotalol before any scheduled surgery.
- It is not the first-choice treatment for high blood pressure according to the latest guidelines, except if you have a heart failure or heart disease.
- Adults over the age of 65 may be at greater risk for the side-effects.
Frequently asked questions FOR SOTALAR
Q. Is sotalol a blood thinner/ cardioselective/ beta blocker/ generic/ statin/ calcium channel blocker/ nitrate?
Sotalol is a non-selective competitive beta-blocker
Q. Does sotalol cause weight gain/ hair loss/ low heart rate/ raise blood pressure/ diarrhea/ shortness of breath?
Sotalol is known to cause weight gain/ hair loss/ low heart rate/ raise blood pressure/ diarrhea/ shortness of breath. Consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.