Information about Flupenthixol
How Flupenthixol works
Flupenthixol is a typical antipsychotic. It works by blocking the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger in the brain that affects thoughts and mood.
Common side effects of Flupenthixol
Sleepiness, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Dryness in mouth, Abnormality of voluntary movements, Weight gain, Increased prolactin level in blood, Urinary retention, Constipation, Muscle stiffness, Tremor
Available Medicine for Flupenthixol
SpenzoIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹38 to ₹2505 variant(s)
FluanxolLundbeck India Pvt Ltd
₹60 to ₹4965 variant(s)
XolybexVidakem Lifesciences Pvt Ltd
₹44 to ₹552 variant(s)
XentasTas Med India Pvt Ltd
NishqKivi Labs Ltd
₹49 to ₹802 variant(s)
Noanxium-FPShirr Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Full ONLaxian Healthcare
Expert advice for Flupenthixol
- You have been prescribed Flupenthixol for the treatment of schizophrenia.
- Take it at bedtime to avoid feeling sleepy during the day.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Flupenthixol can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine as it can make drowsiness worse.
- Inform your doctor if you experience any abnormal movements, particularly of the face, lips, jaw and tongue, while taking this medicine.
- It may increase your weight, blood sugar and cholesterol. Eat healthy, exercise regularly and monitor your blood levels regularly.
- Don't stop taking Flupenthixol without talking to your doctor first as it may cause worsening of symptoms.