Information about Fluphenazine
Fluphenazine is used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
How fluphenazine works
Fluphenazine is a typical antipsychotic. It works by blocking the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger in the brain that affects thoughts and mood.
Common side effects of fluphenazine
Sleepiness, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Dryness in mouth, Abnormality of voluntary movements, Weight gain, Increased prolactin level in blood, Urinary retention, Constipation, Muscle rigidity, Tremor
Available Medicine for Fluphenazine
- ₹48Oxford Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹54Mova Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹55Reliance Formulation Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹50Maneesh Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹40Tripada Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹59Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹6 to ₹30Abbott2 variant(s)
- ₹6Arvind Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹50Alteus Biogenics Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Fluphenazine
- It makes you feel sleepy. Do not drive or do anything requiring mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Fluphenazine
Q. Is Fluphenazine a narcotic or benzodiazepine and cause addiction?
No, Fluphenazine is neither a narcotic nor a benzodiazepine class of drug. It is an antipsychotic drug and it does not have any addiction potential
Q. Is Fluphenazine FDA approved/ a controlled substance?
Yes. Fluphenazine is approved by FDA and it is not a controlled substance
Q. Does Fluphenazine has side effects such as weight gain and depression?
Fluphenazine causes weight gain but not depression.