Medicine Overview of Skizotus Tablet
Nausea, Vomiting, Dryness in mouth, Constipation, Weight gain, Decreased blood pressure, Dystonia, Akathisia, Parkinsonism, Increased prolactin level in blood.
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Skizotus OD Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
Skizotus OD Tablet is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affect thoughts.
In Depth Information on Skizotus Tablet
- Inform your doctor if you have kidney disease, have ever had fits (epileptic seizures), Parkinson’s disease, or suffering from dementia.
- Inform your doctor if you have/have a family history of heart disease, uneven heart rate, slow heartbeat, heart disease/condition called prolonged QT interval, stroke, diabetes, blood clots, low levels of potassium in blood, low levels of white blood cells in blood (agranulocytosis).
- Do not drive or operate machinery as amisulpride can cause drowsiness.
- Do not consume alcohol while on this treatment as it may worsen the side effects.
- Do not stop amisulpride suddenly as it may increase the side effects.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you observe any of these symptoms: severe allergic reaction (with rash, itchy skin, swollen face, tongue or other body parts); blood clots; fit (seizure).
- Tell your doctor if you are or are planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
Skizotus Tablet related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Skizotus OD Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Skizotus OD Tablet is probably unsafe to use during lactatio
Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.
You may feel less alert, drowsy or sleepy while taking this medicine. This may affect your driving ability.
Skizotus OD Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Skizotus OD Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Use of Skizotus OD Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Skizotus OD Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with
liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Skizotus OD Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions about Skizotus Tablet
Skizotus is not addictive. However do follow your doctor’s instructions about dosage and duration of this treatment. It is not a controlled drug
Yes. Skizotus is an atypical antipsychotic
Skizotus is known to cause weight gain. Consult your doctor if you observe weight gain after taking Skizotus
It may take several weeks for a patient to get benefited from Skizotus treatment. Consult your doctor if you observe no improvement in your symptoms after six to eight weeks of treatment.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Skizotus OD Tablet: MSD, SVH, HGI, IPL, DDR, SSA, AGT, NDP, MAM, ATP, GBL, RSA, DGN, MMS, ENP, DPP, NVY, ZVP, EMB, PTI, SDM, DHR, HBV, BAL, SGC, AVN, BIO, SJP, NWP, DLP, OHM, PNT, SYN, GPT, CLT, BSN, MPC, ZEL, HAT, PLT, AYU, INC, BHP, MDO, OLT, ARD, GTC, JIV, RHW, STA, SAT, NVL, GTK, SWA, SBA, TRP, NNH, TNH, BDN, BTM, FGH, DYG, NTB, OIP, AMR, DPL, SHP, GNC, IAD, RUS, MAX, SCH, PEN, RJH, JMJ, 9T9, ANT, HIP, RSS, SBL, WHL, DFP, MLC, PWN, UMP, HMP, RKS, PVP, HPC, ADT, NSL, RWP, GPP, MOM, BBS, SHD, JVO, VRS, ABP, PPR, AAR, RPP, MAK, HEX, KHH, OWP, WSI, RHL, USF, THP, SWP, NXG, JVN, LHA, EQN, AAY, BMJ, PRN, LCC, SAF, ATL