Medicine Overview of Shiril Tablet
Uses of Shiril Tablet
Shiril 10mg Tablet is used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
Side effects of Shiril Tablet
Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Sleepiness, Dry mouth, Abnormality of voluntary movements, Parkinsonism, Weight gain, Akathisia, Dystonia, Constipation.
How to use Shiril Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Shiril 10mg Tablet with food.
How Shiril Tablet works
Shiril 10mg tablet is a typical antipsychotic. It works by blocking the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger in the brain that affects thoughts and mood.
In Depth Information on Shiril Tablet
Expert advice for Shiril Tablet
- Take precautions as long term use of thioridazine may cause neuroleptic malignant syndrome (characterized by extreme body temperature, muscle rigidity, altered mental status) and tardive dyskinesia (disorder resulting in involuntary, repetitive body movements).
- You may be at risk of developing hypotension (low blood pressure) during the treatment with thioridazine if you are a female or an elderly or alcoholic patient.
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from narrow-angle glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eyes that causes visual problem), prostatic hypertrophy (enlargement of organ called prostate), heart disease or epilepsy.
- You should undergo regular eye examinations if you are receiving thioridazine for long term or in high doses or if you have liver disease.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as thioridazine may impair the mental and/or physical abilities.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Shiril 10mg Tablet
Shiril 10mg Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Shiril 10mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Shiril 10mg Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactation+more
. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
As Shiril 10mg Tablet may impair your thinking or reactions. Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position, or you may feel dizzy and this may affect your ability to drive....
As Shiril 10mg Tablet may impair your thinking or reactions. Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position, or you may feel dizzy and this may affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Shiril+more
10mg Tablet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Onitraz 100mg Capsule, Flugee 150mg Tablet, Tramazac HP 50mg Injection, Zathrin Redimix Suspension
Substitutes for Shiril Tablet
Thioril 10mg Tablet
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Melozine 10mg Tablet
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Thioridazine 10mg Tablet
Novartis India Ltd
Delnil 10mg Tablet
D D Pharmaceuticals
Repoise 10mg Tablet
A N Pharmacia