Medicine Overview of Septasteril Tablet
Side effects of Septasteril Tablet
Increased calcium level in blood, Decreased calcium level in blood.
How to use Septasteril Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Septasteril Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
How Septasteril Tablet works
Alpha ketoanalogue belongs to a class of drugs called as nutritional supplements. It follows same catabolic pathways as amino acids and works by improving the metabolism of protein in the body thereby improving the renal function.
In Depth Information on Septasteril Tablet
Expert advice for Septasteril Tablet
- Always take alpha ketoanalogue along with meals to allow proper absorption and metabolism.
- Ensure that you main adequate calorie intake during alpha ketoanalogue therapy.
- You will be regularly monitored for serum calcium levels while taking alpha ketoanalogue.
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering from phenylketonuria (inborn error of metabolism involving impaired metabolism of the amino acid phenylalanine).
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to alpha ketoanalouge or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if suffering with hypercalcemia (high calcium levels in blood), disturbed amino acid metabolism.
- Do not take if suffering from hereditary phenylketonuria.
Septasteril Tablet related warnings
Special precautions for Septasteril Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
No information is available on the use of Septasteril Tablet+more
during lactation. Please consult your doctor....
It is not known whether Septasteril Tablet alters the abilit+more
y to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
Septasteril Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with+more
kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Septasteril Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
There is limited information available on the use of Septast+more
eril Tablet in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor....