Information about Alpha Ketoanalogue
Alpha ketoanalogue uses
Alpha Ketoanalogue is used in the treatment of chronic kidney disease.
How alpha ketoanalogue works
Alpha Ketoanalogue belongs to a class of drugs called nutritional supplements. It follows same catabolic pathways as amino acids and works by improving the metabolism of protein in the body, thereby improving the renal function.
Common side effects of alpha ketoanalogue
No common side effects seen
Available Medicine for Alpha Ketoanalogue
- ₹374La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹349Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹178Centaur Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹3490Fresenius Kabi India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹90 to ₹210Fourrts India Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹330Steadfast Medishield Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹399United Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹306Ajanta Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹99 to ₹340Alniche Life Sciences Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹368Septalyst Lifesciences Pvt.Ltd.1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Alpha Ketoanalogue
- You have been prescribed Alpha Ketoanalogue for treatment of chronic kidney disease.
- Taking it along with a low-protein diet helps in delaying the progression of kidney diseases and dialysis initiation.
- Ensure that you maintain adequate calorie intake during therapy.
- Regularly monitor serum calcium levels as instructed by your doctor. Reduce your intake of vitamin D and other calcium sources if the levels are high.
Frequently asked questions for Alpha Ketoanalogue
Q. What is Alpha Ketoanalogue?
Alpha Ketoanalogue is a form of essential amino acid. When given as a therapy, it exerts a metabolic benefit to the body. Alpha Ketoanalogue is most commonly used as nutrition therapy or dietary supplements in the patients of chronic kidney failure. This medicine prevents the unnecessary increase in urea levels in the blood due to the intake of non-essential amino acids in patients of kidney failure.
Q. In what disease conditions can Alpha Ketoanalogue be used?
Most commonly, Alpha Ketoanalogue is used as a nutritional supplement in long-term kidney disease. Alpha Ketoanalogue is also given during heart surgery to reduce the chances of complications. It is also reported to be rarely used along with physiotherapy in the treatment of pain in tendons. It may also be used in treating intestinal and stomach disorders, lung diseases, and as an add-on treatment in bacterial infections, but very rarely.
Q. Is Alpha Ketoanalogue same as Arginine alpha-ketoglutarate?
Alpha Ketoanalogue is a combination of various essential amino acids. It is mostly used in the prevention and treatment of damages due to faulty or deficient protein metabolism in chronic kidney disease. On the other hand, Arginine alpha-ketoglutarate is a combination of the essential amino acid arginine and alpha-ketoglutaric acid. Although both Alpha Ketoanalogue and Arginine alpha-ketoglutarate are different, their uses are almost similar.
Q. How is Alpha Ketoanalogue given?
The usual advice for an adult is to take the tablets during meals as it helps in proper absorption or usage of the amino acids. The tablets must not be chewed. Alpha Ketoanalogue should be given along with dietary protein restriction in cases of kidney failure. The duration of treatment depends on the severity of the kidney problem. Follow your doctor’s advice and if you notice any uneasiness/discomfort or reaction, immediately contact your doctor.