food interaction for SALMAPLON
alcohol interaction for SALMAPLON
pregnancy interaction for SALMAPLON
lactation interaction for SALMAPLON
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for SALMAPLON
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for SALMAPLON
- ASTHALIN 4 MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 0.18/tabletRs. 5.35pay 13% more per tablet
- SALBETOL 4 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)FDC LtdRs. 0.18/tabletRs. 1.78pay 13% more per tablet
- ASTHALIN SA 4 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 0.59/tabletRs. 5.90pay 273% more per tablet
- BRETHMOL 4MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Standard Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7.60/tabletRs. 75.96pay 4708% more per tablet
- DURASAL 4MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Raptakos Brett & Co LtdRs. 0.67/tabletRs. 6.70pay 324% more per tablet
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for SALMAPLON
- Use salbutamol inhalation exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Always keep the inhaler upright during the loading of the dose and administration steps.
- If you can feel a slightly sweet tasting powder in your mouth after inhaling, you have received the dose and the active substance has reached your lungs.
- During use, regularly wipe the mouthpiece with a fibre-free tissue or soft cloth.
- Always replace the inhaler cap after you have used the inhaler.
- Always tell your doctor if you suffer from an over active thyroid gland.
- Take special precaution if you experience chest pains.
- Take special care with salbutamol if you suffer from any disease of the heart.
Frequently asked questions for SALMAPLON
Q.Is salbutamol a steroid/ an antibiotic/ a cough syrup/ a betablocker/ contains steroid/ addictive/ a rescue inhaler?
Salbutamol (also available as Asthalin, Ventolin, Albuterol) is a beta receptor agonist used to prevent and treat wheezing, difficulty breathing, chest tightness, and coughing caused by lung diseases such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It is a rescue inhaler for asthma. It is not a steroid or contains steroid or an antibiotic. It is not an addictive drug
Q.Does salbutamol need prescription?
Yes. Salbutamol is available only by prescription
Q.Is salbutamol safe/ safe for babies?
Salbutamol is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Does salbutamol cause drowsiness/ increased heart rate/ increase blood pressure/ weight gain?
Salbutamol may cause light headedness, increased heart rate or increased blood pressure; however it is not known to cause drowsiness or weight gain. Consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.