Medicine Overview of Rumalef Tablet
Uses of Rumalef Tablet
Rumalef 20mg Tablet is used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis.
Side effects of Rumalef Tablet
Nausea, Headache, Dyspepsia, Rash, Diarrhoea, Increased liver enzymes, Respiratory tract infection.
How to use Rumalef Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Rumalef 20mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Rumalef Tablet works
Rumalef 20mg tablet blocks the action of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for inflammation, swelling and redness associated with certain autoimmune diseases. It suppresses the underlying disease process, rather than simply treating the disease.
In Depth Information on Rumalef Tablet
Expert advice for Rumalef Tablet
- Do not drive or operate machinery because you may feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with leflunomide.
- Do not start leflunomide, if you have a kidney, liver, blood or lung problem; have low level of proteins in blood (hypoproteinemia), low level of any blood cells, or suffering from any disease with lowered immunity like tuberculosis or AIDS.
- Do not start leflunomide, if you have intolerance to some sugars because this medicine contains lactose (a type of sugar).
- Do not take leflunomide, if you are going to receive any live vaccine; or if you experience a widespread rash with blisters and peeling skin (Stevens-Johnson syndrome), widespread peeling of the superficial layers of the skin (toxic epidermal necrolysis),or drug reaction with eosinophilia and systematic symptoms (DRESS).
- Avoid using leflunomide, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Rumalef 20mg Tablet
Taking Leflunomide with alcohol may cause liver problems.
Rumalef 20mg Tablet is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor....
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
Rumalef 20mg Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactatio+more
n. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Rumalef 20mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired,+more
or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Rumalef 20mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients+more
with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Rumalef 20mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Rumalef 20mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use in patients wi+more
th liver disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Ros Q 64.5mg Injection, Captomer 50mg Tablet, Gli 2mg Tablet, Diaset 2mg Tablet
If you miss a dose of Leflunomide, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Rumalef 20mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Leflunomide
No, Rumalef is not an NSAID, blood thinner or chemotherapeutic agent. It is an immunosuppressant anti-rheumatic drug
Q. Can I take Tylenol (acetaminophen), or ibuprofen with leflunomide, or Arava?
You can take Tylenol or ibuprofen with leflunomide or Arava which is brand name of leflunomide
Q. Does Rumalef cause weight or hair loss, bruising, high blood pressure, nausea, cancer, fatigue, or weight gain?
Rumalef may cause weight or hair loss, bruising, high blood pressure, and nausea (urge to vomit), but it is not known to cause weight gain, fatigue or cancer
Yes, Rumalef is used in the treatment of psoriasis.
User Submitted Feedback For Rumalef 20mg Tablet
Patients taking Rumalef 20mg Tablet
Once A Day
Twice A Day
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
How do you take this medicine?
How much was the improvement?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
Substitutes for Rumalef Tablet
Cleft 20mg Tablet
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Immulef 20mg Tablet
Ronyd Healthcare Pvt Ltd
Lefumide 20mg Tablet
Lefno 20mg Tablet
Ipca Laboratories Ltd
Lefra 20mg Tablet
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd