Information about Leflunomide
Leflunomide is used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis.
How leflunomide works
Leflunomide blocks the action of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for inflammation, swelling and redness associated with certain autoimmune diseases. It suppresses the underlying disease process, rather than simply treating the disease.
Common side effects of leflunomide
Nausea, Headache, Dyspepsia, Rash, Diarrhoea, Increased liver enzymes, Respiratory tract infection
Available Medicine for Leflunomide
- ₹101 to ₹199Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹98 to ₹199Ipca Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹177 to ₹444Zydus Cadila3 variant(s)
- ₹292 to ₹572Sanofi India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹101 to ₹199Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹101 to ₹199Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹100 to ₹197Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹99 to ₹190Overseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹89 to ₹170Ronyd Healthcare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹271Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Leflunomide
- You have been prescribed Leflunomide to control the symptoms and slow down the progression of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Avoid contact with people who have cold, flu or other contagious illness. Notify your doctor if you have any signs of infection such as a fever or sore throat.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Avoid alcohol when taking Leflunomide as it may harm your liver.
- Inform your doctor if you have any liver or kidney problem.
Frequently asked questions for Leflunomide
Q. Is Leflunomide an NSAID, immunosuppressant, blood thinner, chemotherapeutic agent?
No, Leflunomide is not an NSAID, blood thinner or chemotherapeutic agent. It is an immunosuppressant anti-rheumatic drug
Q. Can I take Tylenol (acetaminophen), or ibuprofen with leflunomide, or Arava?
You can take Tylenol or ibuprofen with leflunomide or Arava which is brand name of leflunomide
Q. Does Leflunomide cause weight or hair loss, bruising, high blood pressure, nausea, cancer, fatigue, or weight gain?
Leflunomide may cause weight or hair loss, bruising, high blood pressure, and nausea (urge to vomit), but it is not known to cause weight gain, fatigue or cancer
Q. Does Leflunomide help psoriasis?
Yes, Leflunomide is used in the treatment of psoriasis.