Information about Leflunomide
Leflunomide is used in the treatment of Rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis.
How leflunomide works
Leflunomide blocks the action of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for inflammation, swelling and redness associated with certain autoimmune diseases. It suppresses the underlying disease process, rather than simply treating the disease.
Common side effects of leflunomide
Nausea, Headache, Dyspepsia, Rash, Diarrhea, Increased liver enzymes, Respiratory tract infection
Available Medicine for Leflunomide
- ₹109 to ₹215Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹98 to ₹215Ipca Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹177 to ₹478Zydus Cadila3 variant(s)
- ₹109 to ₹215Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹104 to ₹203Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹105 to ₹215Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹107 to ₹196Overseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹292 to ₹572Sanofi India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹195Rhumasafe Pharmaceutical1 variant(s)
- ₹99 to ₹199Vasu Organics Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Leflunomide
- You have been prescribed Leflunomide to control the symptoms and slow down the progression of rheumatoid arthritis.
- It will take 6-8 weeks for Leflunomide to work. Hence, keep taking the medicine.
- Get blood tests done every 4 weeks. This is to make sure that Leflunomide is not harming your liver or blood counts.
- Avoid alcohol when taking Leflunomide as it could harm your liver.
- Do not take it during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Tell your doctor if you become pregnant while taking Leflunomide.
- Leflunomide may increase the risk of infection. Avoid being close to people with cold, flu or other contagious illnesses.
- Tell your doctor if you experience nausea or diarrhea.
Frequently asked questions for Leflunomide
Q. I am a woman, what should I do if I am planning to become pregnant?
Talk to your doctor if you are planning to become pregnant while taking Leflunomide. You should never pregnant while taking Leflunomide because this medicine can harm your baby. Stop taking Leflunomide and call your doctor immediately if you become pregnant while taking Leflunomide.